Evolved Phantom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evolved Phantom

Hey everyone, I am new around here and I am working on a FPS(I know very innovative :P). I have no previous experience with game development, though I am familiar with modeling stuff like architecture in 3Ds Max, Cinema 4D and Sketchup. Anyway I wanted to start this thread to get some opinions on my early progress and perhaps some general advice? At the moment I am using some of the stock meshes to serve as visual references until I replace them with custom stuff although I obviously intend to make everything custom from the UI to the characters.

Here is a video preview:

I also have a few questions, would it be difficult to implement multiplayer into the game at a later date or should I be w, I realize an MMO is out of the question from someone with my level of experience but would 64 players be a realistic goal? Also I am after a 3d program that will make it easy to model characters, ideally with a set of sliders like what you find in game character creation menus. Daz 3d looks like a possibility but would I be able to export and rig up those models for UDK? I am also curious if you think the game so far, I know it is more of a custom UT level at the moment.

IIRC, Daz3D's licensing terms don't allow you to export models for games (which is a bit daft, imho). If you want to build a multiplayer game, built the code to be multiplayer from the start - but it's entirely feasible to do so in UDK since networking is built into UnrealScript. I would probably aim for 32 players, as the default networking implementation gets a bit flakey after around 40 concurrent connections.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
      IIRC, Daz3D's licensing terms don't allow you to export models for games (which is a bit daft, imho). If you want to build a multiplayer game, built the code to be multiplayer from the start - but it's entirely feasible to do so in UDK since networking is built into UnrealScript. I would probably aim for 32 players, as the default networking implementation gets a bit flakey after around 40 concurrent connections.
      Thanks for the reply, saved me bother of downloading Daz. Perhaps I should just start of with a singleplayer game and if people get into it I can release a multiplayer version with all the models already built.

Comment

Working...
      X