WIP First Level (Gradual Change)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP First Level (Gradual Change)

This is my first personal project so go easy on me. The premise of this level is supposed to show the change between social levels (poor, lower class, middle class, upper class). I am not any cliff bleszinski by far, but i know enough to get my foot in the door at this point. As anyone, i am still learning and i do not know all the ins and outs of UDK YET. I still need to learn kismet and all of its features that will make things a lot more fun to mess around with, but messing around with things is scary to me as usually i end up breaking something lol which is good and bad. Tell me what your thoughts are on the level so far, any suggestions or tips are always welcome, if anyone would like to help out, that's definitely welcomed. As i said though, this is nothing more than a personal project and won't be released publicly. at the most this will be used for my portfolio.

Thanks to UDKResources.com for the textures and static meshes. Everything else is standard stock udk meshes, textures, etc.

Help with setting up LightFunction

Ok, quick update. I am currently working on the outside are that i will call the poor area. I am working on an alleyway which needs more work to get a more gritty feel to it but i will work on that. at the moment, if anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. i would like to make the light in the alley way have a light function set up that would make it look like the particle system is emitting light but i cant seem to figure it out and i don't want to just have a flicker effect as it seems too harsh for the effect im looking for. im looking for a more subtle effect.

Comment

nice work dude!

Comment

thanks. appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Working...
        X