Gladiators of the Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yep, can't argue with simple it works with many games.

My weapons and hands are connected so for me a bow and hands would be a single unit. I didn't think of morph targets in that way before, which is pretty ingenious on your part. AnimNodeFramePlayer(UDN:This animation node is a helper animation node which allows you to set the animation position as a percentage, from 0.f to 1.f.) I don't understand what that means in relation to using an anim even with the help of your explanation. But as usual a seemingly small innovation that will be exceptionally important.

What always annoyed me about bows/xbows was running out of arrows but there is still a bolt/arrow loaded - annoyed me because of my lack of the skill to fix it. I'm working on that for an RPG weapon. I noticed that in Gaz' xbow and other UT games. Thanks for the offer of upk to help me out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey snipe, thank you for your critics morale up hehe! , simple looks to be good in game making ?.

This is the setup for the bow and animations i used.

If you want i can share the UPK with the anim tree of the bow plus the bow, im sure that the guy who made it won't matter much. and well the code ?

The basic setup it's 2 bones, 1 for root another for string. it uses " bone rot and loc " reading on the anim set, " an animation can be just rot or also loc of a bone. and morph targets for the deformation.

This orthodox, tutorial from i don't know who, it's an awsome tutorial to learn blender skinnery, but having so many bones ain't really that necessary ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpsd0Aw1qvA.

The Animtree of it uses, a https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Anim...odeFramePlayer / _UTAnimNodeFramePlayer wich is a some node, in wich you can control dynamically
    The thing is that you can control at wich place of an anim you want it to be at, and it even blends ! i think... well if it does not i can't even feel any fast bone rotation.
    In ones mind first thing that comes is that a blendNode can work, but i suggest use of an animation, and control in wich time of it, it is to control string.

**** i shall have explained this on the video, but.... " that's very irrelevant to the player ". : P but well this is a developers forums.

http://www.moug-portfolio.info/

This link also helps to the making of the bow projectiles firing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I realize how difficult this would be to put together, excellent work man.

Some nice wood on the bow with an intricate design and it will be cool, heh, simplistic critique, sorry, you'll be aware of that already. I use 1024s on my 1p weapons. Weirdly it was the first thing I did with my game, then maps and finally I began learning the depths of coding, although I had done the basics... reloading, attached flashlights with my weapons so they worked. Probably my weapon/map design backed up my confidence to learn code, dunno.

Been following your work keenly, it helps showing me what can be done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GOTA Update number 3 Archery system, so if anyone seeks ideas on how to make his own, mine can give some basic ideas on how shall be don't or how not .....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's good that you only show your game, and also recruit people, when the game code, it's very solid and worked out. Also your knowladge on how to use the engine i guess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Neongho View Post

I belive in a full alpha with the full world being playable, and even addictive, but really the environment ( The options you have once you want to release an indie game ) around doesen't help so much....
    I think the environment is very good in this game (checking in the videos, I have not run it yet because a deadline on my work). But I agree with you, gameplay comes first. The prettiest graphics in the world can't save a game with an awful gameplay. I'd love to train my brain to accept it in my game and open my thread once for all, instead tweaking the graphics before and wasting time -__-.

I

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I remember I was trying some values in the map resolution, but the results were from bad to very bad... and the render time was too high, and finally the out of memory error... and that was using a 6 km2 map, now I'm using a 100 km2 one... so I think I had no alternatives.

You mean to use a mixed mode with static and dynamic light? I don't know how to do, and with the day/night cycle the shadows have to constantly change position.
    By the way, with the cascade shadows replacing the near shadows, the resolution problem is solved partially.

And... I'm very happy without using Lightmass

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's because you needed to use more static ligthing resolution for the landscape ( you probably already know it ) , well anyways for what i see in your videos it looks already outstanding, and very well placed in the context of your game i guess " that it was babilonia ", i'd keep it that way, well in my case i ended up hating dynamic lighting since, ligthmass covers your levels and makes them awsome, then the performance it's smoother, you can always make a 50 50 i guess ? i haven't tried yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, the dynamic light the performance is about the half. In my case I had a 2.5x2.5 map, using static and foliage tool for the foliage. The shadows was very poor, so I had to use cascade shadows and then the performance was not much better than using dynamic light. And finally the out of memory errors, with the map so simple and empty.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I could build a map as big as it can be " means that it occupies the whole grid ", but i have a good computer. Though, making the landscape resolution as 2, it's already very time consuming, 2 hours of building or so, with 2 000 trees and some 100 rocks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Static light in a big map? I remember when I use it in a 2.5x2.5 km map, and the out of memory error message (with 8 GB), after 40 minutes waiting ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's been a lot since it's there, still when i download it, even if it's buggy i have fun with it. Even if i coded entirely it myself and now that i don't remember how i did code the AI it's somehow more enjoyable.

Now it has a new character, from this character 3 races ( call me racist if you want ) black male, nordic male, and latin male, ( greek, roman, hispanian ) somehow just the same character with different colors and textures and some morph targets at the face a ton of work for us, lots of new features, but still some work until full game alpha completation.

The AI it's at a new degree, and i had fun with the shaders, specially of metal, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_7Cy40XGq0 i took the basics from here.

I finally made the lighting be static, because dynamic it's a hell on the performance, and static it's so smooth and looking cool, dynamic weather/daynight/SkyInterpolation it's so much like too much work, i won't even bother adding it for now.

The melee fighting system, it's a lot better since animations are more coherent and such. And i took a solid concept for it.

I belive in a full alpha with the full world being playable, and even addictive, but really the environment ( The options you have once you want to release an indie game ) around doesen't help so much....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, this project is gigantic (and cool)! I can't believe I didn't download the demo until now. I'll do it asap on the IndieDB.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Project is looking great!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [IMG]
    subir gif [/IMG]

Arena in wip, I used a lot of builder brush, 50 % of it it's builder brush, and many meshes that the team created for it .

Default PPC, Default Sky, Default day template settings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X