No announcement yet.

Gladiators of the Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would advice you to add animations for example for breathing, as it looks a little bit weird, when they stand absolutely still in some moments.

Comment

Yeah , the idle anim would be better with more dynamism ,
      i have to re include the hit reaction ones , i turned them into root motion , so when you get hit you walk a Little backwards , and that's gona add more sensation of hit.
      Thanks for the tip !

Comment

New menu for the new versión we'll be releasing the 0.6 , it's dynamic using a metinee cinematic , also there's music attached to it already !
        Chck indie db for further information about the game !

http://www.indiedb.com/games/gladiat...the-arena-gota

Comment

Comment

Like it !

Comment

thanks , the animations are going better to, this time : ).

Comment

Yep they rather footballers than the gods that we are.
                But let's not keep this offtopic thing here please hehe .

Comment

I like the concept

I know it's a work in progress but the animation needs a major overhall, it seams too static now as does the level design. Some background music would make it feel less stale as well

Good work so far

Comment

Yes next versión will include a lot of improvement both in animation , and sound, overall everything at a point of being mastered at a level of 7/10 in art and gameplay i could say now the quality of gota it's just 4/10 of the existing demo and the potential it's still of 5/10, there's a lot of potential still to eat , we'll try get the necessary one since this is our first game and it's not meant to be the best game ever made...

I hope the new better animations , and the existing sounds , and music will kill some of this potential already , to focus on other stuff..

The spectators when you achieve a high score bonification " you cut 4 heads in a short time " will go crazy and that will bring the emotion of doing impressive stuff , and dynamism , i lean't a lot playing shadow of rome , and it's a great game that it's not on computer , but i would love to bring a Little of it in gota : ) ...

I guess that when you start a game , you must check what's the potential of it the hard and the easy things and if they are worth to be included or not depending on how much time will they take you and part by part...

Comment

Hey i have sent you private message, waiting for your reply on email.

Comment

Gota it's not to get merged with anything , gota is gota it would die if it got merged , into another project. It has a solid concept , and a solid plan , that won't change. Neither it's under sale. though we would like a Publisher , or sponsors , for when it's fully done.

This is related to some messages i recived lately.

We will kickstart again soon , for licenses and stuff , we do really need it ! we wanna go steam Green light and such : )

But for now we will release a very nice mastered 0.6 version that will bring lots of features and lots of bugfixing and better animations.

Comment

Originally posted by Neongho View Post
                          But for now we will release a very nice mastered 0.6 version that will bring lots of features and lots of bugfixing and better animations.
                          Nice Haven't played it before, going to give it my first go once you release the new version ^^

Comment

Better that , because the 0.53 would give you a bad taste of the game , because of the bugs and such stuff , somehow it's better to not release stuff of your game until your game it's really fully finished but sometimes it's more affordable , depends of the situation i guess .

Comment

Originally posted by Neongho View Post
                              somehow it's better to not release stuff of your game until your game it's really fully finished
                              it seems some of my suggestions are finally getting through your skull
                              though it's not bad to release WIP stuff, I think it is bad if it's not reminiscent of what the final thing will be like because you'd be causing wrong (generally bad) impressions which are later much harder to erase

Comment

Notes taken , will try to post new motions animations today

Comment

Working...
                                X