Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gladiators of the Arena

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gladiators of the Arena

Gladiators of the Arena is an upcoming rpg hack 'n' slash game developed by Creative Oven Studios using Unreal Development Kit. You play as a slave gladiator fighting for survival in Arenas across the territory of Roman Empire to win your freedom. The game focuses on Slave mode and Citzien mode: In slave mode you fight to survive and get your freedom. After that Citzien mode becomes open and you become professional gladiator. It allows you to buy a house in a city or go hunting to the forest. In custom fight you fight in chosen game mode such as : Team deathmatch, Survival or Free for all and others.

So far The functionality has the following elements already implemented Not all, but this is pretty much what we are trying .

A Battle status system That will define your state to pull diferent actions , or even disallow you to do several others, or some special events to Happend.
    Vigour, Health, Morale, Adrenaline. Seen in the debugging HUD

A Directional Melee Fighting system Based.

Drag and drop inventory fully working

Also we are developing new assets everything such as new characters .

New character

This and Much More stuff, a lot of game modes , and a semi open world RPG dynamic gameplay.

We're mainly planning on making this for SP only , the first version, and we will start kickstarter as soon as we can.

Hope you enjoyed the content of this thread , gona try to update it as soon as we get more stuff done . Happy Devoloping out there : ) .

Follow us in indie db page http://<a href="https://www.youtube....g6yM767zcY</a> : D.

Looks good, I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Neongho View Post
      A shield Blocking system, through collision detection.
      have you already implemented this? if I attached the shield mesh component to the pawn I found it impossible to trace the shield mesh using TraceComponent (because once TraceComponent hits something it doesn't tell the difference between components, it just thinks it's all part of the main mesh component, ie. the Pawn). so I had to attach the actor using HardAttach, which always lags one frame behind (barely noticeable, but collision detection can be wrong at extreme cases)

A Directional Melee Fighting system Based.
      can I ask what's your design on this? a Mount&Blade copy (like my own) ?

good job btw, keep it up

Comment

Yes , because mount and blade one it's actually the best for the input , obiusly if you cannot load from where to attack , the melee systems loses a lot of functionality

yes i implemented , the shield , with own collision and traces can detect it, the thing is set base on socket instead of attach , if you attach for some reason it loses the collision .

Comment

Yes , because mount and blade one it's actually the best for the input , obiusly if you cannot load from where to attack , the melee systems loses a lot of functionality
          well one could think of other ways to do it besides moving the mouse and then clicking the attack button. for example using W+click / A+click / S+click / D+click producing different attacks, or plain making it more automatic but situational (a little more like prince of persia, assassin's creed)
          or for example in Chivalry Medieval Warfare (seen from videos) blocking attacks also needs an input direction (player has to watch and match the incoming attack direction, which in M&B happens automatically).
          also M&B doesn't have combos of any kind (while other games solely rely on them for variety), and in M&B the flow of attacks makes no difference even if logically it should (ie. attacking from left to right and then again from left to right should be slower than doing a left to right and then a right to left)

the principle here I know, is to make the melee system interesting, and the way to make it interesting is to have different attacking options that are meaningful and useful, as opposed to a single meaningless attack-button bashing.
          the actual "how to" mechanic doesn't necessarily need to be exactly the same though. my question was intended towards knowing more about the very specifics of it, if you've thought about improvements over M&B's system or fixing possible flaws, etc.

Comment

Im the other programmer of the team, im going to make it work with IOS controls, with different camera and controller, it wont use that directional melee just becouse the controls will be very different, instead it would be with combos, like a action game
            Also, we are looking for an animator, i made the actual anims and they are just placeholders.

Comment

Keep up the good work!

Comment

interesting project!

Comment

Are you guys still working on this?
                  I want to start a game about ancient rome..something like Total war + mount& blade ( huge battles ,campaign map and character control)
                  Are you interested?

Comment

well , zack first tell me if you're occupation 3d modeller, programmer , animator...

And yes we still work on it , basically in the code now we are working on the skills system. So far so good

Moar WIP videos soon about gameplay. Dual wielding Parry horse riding.....

Are you guys still working on this?
                    I want to start a game about ancient rome..something like Total war + mount& blade ( huge battles ,campaign map and character control)
                    Are you interested?
                    This is kinda like ancient battles difference ancient battles, it's always staying in the 3d world, you basically mean something like mount and blade , maybe turn based?

Ancient battles is an open world 2 villages , 2 factions , recruit your soldiers buy gear etc construct forts buildings...

Comment

Cool, this project is really doing well!

Comment

One thing that makes me sad about this game is that it is based on the gladiators who where origanaly Christians back in ceasar of Romes time. He killed them for fun watching and laughing as they killed each other or got ripped apart by the lions.This game scares me how it is making fun out of something full of death.

Comment

Originally posted by mooror View Post
                          ...This game scares me how it is making fun out of something full of death.
                          Um...you are using an engine that specializes in First Person SHOOTER games. There will almost always be "making fun out of something full of death," as in order to be a shooter, it has to have a gun, and with a gun, you are likely to kill something along the way. People play games for escapism, so it is only natural to have things in the video game that you couldn't/wouldn't do in real life. In no way would I (or almost any other gamer) kill my friend in real life, but I will do it in a second in a team deathmatch video game.

You coming in here and displaying your discontent with "death" in video games would be like me going to Burger King forum and letting everyone know how disappointed I am at their new menu item because it is made of meat and that meat required the killing of an innocent animal. You KNOW what kind of games will be made here; either you stay and accept that fact or leave.

Comment

@ Neongho , I'm learning Zbrush and i'm really good as a concept artist (units, level design)
                            Edit: If you want some free resources, take a look here! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...09#post7906509

Comment

One thing that makes me sad about this game is that it is based on the gladiators who where origanaly Christians back in ceasar of Romes time. He killed them for fun watching and laughing as they killed each other or got ripped apart by the lions.This game scares me how it is making fun out of something
                              What's more violent , some teenagers hacking and dissing themselves and saying of all kind of stuff in call of duty , or some virtual gladiators killing themselves without injuring anyone.

And yeah , im controlling the game concept " for pc " and first version so , no communitys are strongly intended to be offended.

@ Neongho , I'm learning Zbrush and i'm really good as a concept artist (units, level design)
                              Edit: If you want some free resources, take a look here! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...09#post7906509
                              Nice helmet : ). Are you rome total war modder?

Texture is great , model as well can't find deffects!

Um...you are using an engine that specializes in First Person SHOOTER games. There will almost always be "making fun out of something full of death," as in order to be a shooter, it has to have a gun, and with a gun, you are likely to kill something along the way. People play games for escapism, so it is only natural to have things in the video game that you couldn't/wouldn't do in real life. In no way would I (or almost any other gamer) kill my friend in real life, but I will do it in a second in a team deathmatch video game.

You coming in here and displaying your discontent with "death" in video games would be like me going to Burger King forum and letting everyone know how disappointed I am at their new menu item because it is made of meat and that meat required the killing of an innocent animal. You KNOW what kind of games will be made here; either you stay and accept that fact or leave.

Couldn't agree more !
                              The fact that moroor is trying to explain it's to not use religious communitys and that stuff, but how if is impossible , you are making a game about rome , then you will see crucifictions and other stuff romans did....

Comment

Working...
                              X