No announcement yet.

Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's end this one here as this has clearly gone far enough.

Reiss - one thing I hope you've learnt from this is that the game dev community is extremely small, and once you've burnt bridges it's extraordinarily difficult to find your way back into it. If you wanted to reconcile any of that or to appear in any way professional, your responses in this thread have derailed those aims for what is now the sixth or seventh time. I've no doubt you'll appear again under another pseudonym, so here are some tips that you should probably remember:

1) Humility and honesty goes a long way; this community has a generally level playing field and everyone is assumed somewhat equal. Some members of the boards have shipped millions of units on the games that they've worked on, others haven't so much as made a complete playable level. We know as well as you do that you're fairly amateur on those scales, so it pays to remain humble.
    2) If you want people to believe that you're well-informed, intellectual, and kind and dear, then it pays to act like it. Throwing hate speech and insults at everyone you come across at the first sign of conflict only demonstrates the exact opposite; a person who is intellectual, kind and dear does not do any of these things. If you want to rebuke an argument as an intellectual, do it with humilty, reason and without the temper.
    3) Casual racism is simply unnacceptable in any circumstance - you've been banned for this before. It doesn't matter if someone is from the UK, Colombia or WhoKnowsWhereIStan.
    4) Sometimes the best response to something is no response at all. If you must respond to something that you feel incensed by, try sitting back from the keyboard for an hour before writing your reply.
    5) The message boards have their own community derived etiquette; it's not unique to these boards but they are commonly accepted practices on much of the web. It pays to learn them and most are willing to advise in a friendly manner the first few times a newcomer makes those mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by House_of_Fun View Post
      You should of donated!
      I really would have but your game has no gangnam style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0&sns=em

Comment

You should of donated!
        No sh*t!! LMAO !!!

Reiss, regardless of all the BS that comes out of you, you still manage to make my day.

Comment

Also, i'd like to add to what Ambershee posted, reappearing several times under new names makes you seem very disingenuous. Choose one name, and stick to it if you want people to reaccept you into the community otherwise you're just setting yourself up for another fail down the road.

Comment

^

That's the fun part. Few members on this forum, including myself, actually compete to find his new nickname.

Comment

I only create new names because the accounts I set up get banned because of something petty or because of so called ban evasion, which happened to me the first time because I accidentally double posted. Any way this community is only valuable to me still because of a few answers to my questions and the potential customers around 1000 that could be lured into purchasing my game once on the market. But other then that you people mean not all that much to me when it comes down to it. Your all geeks who have nothing better to do then be on the internet 24/7 and on top of that the majority if not all of the time is not used wisely not my kind of guys at all - though at the moment I am on the internet a lot.

Yep so weather you see me on these forums at a later date is wholly dependent on me. I feel you guys have just lost a good guy here and personally I wouldn't want to be involved in a community that cherishes members that are like school bullies. No, I am better then that and I shall become greater without you petty people.

I am done with all of you.

Comment

Any way this community is only valuable to me still because of a few answers to my questions and the potential customers around 1000 that could be lured into purchasing my game once on the market.
                I can't wait dude. I can't wait.

But can you tell us how you calculated that potential customers are around 1000? Can you share the formula please?

Is it somewhere close to: (Number_of_Nicknames X TotalDonations) / SquareRoot(GentlemenGraphics_Capital)

Comment

This "House of Fun" guy sounds like a raving lunatic.

And this guy wants us to donate money for his project? (LOL really?)

You have got to be kidding me.

Comment

Is it me? or someone else can feel the same.....Reiss come with different personalities....... in some replies he tries to be normal and then he turn into another completely different thing in about minuts/hours......
                    The last reply was something about this forum users being geeks wasting time on internet and doing nothing with their lives but the previous one was about him being a misunderstood well-informed intellectual silly fool (which makes no sense at all) who wanted to be "accepted back ".......

Is it me or this guy is really confused? now Reiss if you try just a little bit you might understand why some of us "waste" our lives on internet...is because.....some of us....work on gamedev related fields!!! wich involves a PC and internet connection..........pretty simple right?

Comment

Originally posted by juguefre View Post
                      Is it me? or someone else can feel the same.....Reiss come with different personalities.......
                      To satisfy all tastes. He is a complete package.

Comment

You guys think you are perfect somehow , why don't you stop criticasing the others? and opinions? or it's not legal to commit errors , and to show your opinions?

Is it that hard to just let , unperfection happend without saying a word , you are helpless then, you are just damaging others image. posting things that wait other posts and that if you don't ansawer you feel like you are doing it wrong... losing your time.

There's alot of people here and they are not naturally perfect , to write , perfect posts and perfect threads .

Just 40 posts Go Go : )

Comment

Originally posted by Neongho View Post
                          You guys think you are perfect somehow , why don't you stop criticasing the others? and opinions? or it's not legal to commit errors , and to show your opinions?

Is it that hard to just let , unperfection happend without saying a word , you are helpless then, you are just damaging others image. posting things that wait other posts and that if you don't ansawer you feel like you are doing it wrong... losing your time.

There's alot of people here and they are not naturally perfect , to write , perfect posts and perfect threads .

Just 40 posts Go Go : )
                          Are we talking about Reiss? if so, this is not about him making a mistake (error) is about a whole pattern of behavior, no one is perfect dude, perfection doesn't exist we just use the word in some things we really like a lot but is not that those things are indeed perfect.

And what is all the fuss about getting 500 posts??? is there any payment system that I'm not aware? you reach 500 and get a check/paypal transfer? or you enter some special circle?

Comment

Now I'm curious of what I should of donated to.

Comment

i just use the focus of this thread to tell you some words...

idk i love to rank up. i need to !

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X