UDK Simple Alley Way WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK Simple Alley Way WIP

Hello again everyone, and today i want to show you a small project that i worked on over the last couple of days. It is an alley way that i created in UDK. The main reason i created it was because i have been planning a horror game, and i was trying to gather enviroment ideas for the game, so i desided to go ahead and make an alley way, to see what it would look like. The image below is an example of one of the enviroments that are going to be included within my horror game. This isnt a full detailed creation of an alley way, that i will be creating in my game, as the one i am going to be creating will have alot more detail, darker lighting, and i would have spend more time on the material/texture quality aswell. I created most of the models in 3d max, and then imported them into UDK, and i did not create the materials, as i found them on a website. I created most of the models, exept 1 or 2 of them, as i am not the best of UV Mappers, so i desided to see if i could find a vehicle to add to the map, which is the one that you can see in the lower right corner. I hope that you like it, and if you have any questions, feel free to email me at my buisness email: charliefishersUDKstuff@hotmail.co.uk and i will make sure to email you back, and if you want to leave feedback, or maybe leave some improvement ideas, then please leave a post below, and i will take a look at them later. Thanks alot for taking a look at my Project plan, and i will be posting another post in the future of my projects progress, thank you everyone, and have a good day!

Its certainly a good start! for backdrop scenary, walls, buildings and such - try to make it as modular as you can. So you can swap in and out different windows, doors, brickwork to break up the repetition.

This is of course a simply alley as per the title, so theres no need for me to give further crits as you seem to know most of the flaws yourself. Lighting, better quality textures and models etc.

Goodluck

Comment

Thanks alot for the support, and i will make sure to take your tips into consideration when i go onto making the proper game. Thanks for the help, i assure you that it will help me out in the future, when it comes to me making my game! -Charlie

Comment

Cool! I like the textures!

Comment

Simply fascinating. I'm familiar with grey 'solid' blocks and floors (but needs to use better quality more), broken cars, and the van is seemingly stuck through the light and the wall.

Comment

nice alley (i dont like horror games )but it is a very nice piece of work!

Comment

Working...
            X