Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teotl Studios/Talawa Games' new game Unmechanical - release August 8th 2012

Hi!

After The Ball my company Teotl Studios joined up with the new Swedish indie studio Talawa Games for our newest game Unmechanical. The UDK iOS and PC game is due for release on August 8 on Steam (iOS a couple of weeks later). We will be posting more info and screens over the next couple of weeks.

Press release:

Today, indie developers Talawa Games and Teotl Studios are thrilled to announce the puzzle adventure game Unmechanical, to be released August 8 2012 for PC and a couple of weeks later for iOS.

Unmechanical is an award-winning 2.5D side-scroller which combines tricky puzzle solving, alluring exploration, and an engrossing atmosphere.The game had humble beginnings as a student project and since then both game and team has grown.

“Unmechanical has been about taking on something for real and working our fingers to the bone to get it done. It’s our hopes and ambitions combined into this very personal, unique, and awesome adventure that’s crafted with lots of love.” Said Marko Permanto, project lead for the Unmechanical team.

Unmechanical begins with a twist of fate as you’re spirited away by a network of coiled pipes into a mysterious underworld. You find yourself in a strange environment that pulsates from mechanic and organic machinery alike, and your journey to freedom begins. Flying freely through the odd and fantastic surroundings,a powerful tractor beam lets you pick up objects and interact with the world.

Your quest for freedom requires you to solve a great variety of puzzling challenges, and while it’s easy to pick up and play, later challenges may prove very difficult indeed. On your adventure you might also begin to understand what it all means–The underworld may be more than it seems, the fateful descent more than just chance,and you might not be entirely alone after all…

For more information about the game, visit Unmechanical at http://unmechanical.net/

This looks really great. I hope that this game will get much higher scores by the critics. Looks really AAA. How long were you working on that?

Comment

Looks awesome, downloaded the demo a while back. it was good then and it looks 10 times better now, Good work!

Comment

Nice! Looks very professional and clean! I REALLY liked the music
        Good to see it done in the UDK proper rather than needing to go full license to get done as so many UDK project seem to do.

Comment

I will buy.

Comment

^ second that. This is simply remarkable

Comment

Thanks.

Yeah both the PC and iOS version are working on a 100% standard UDK release (Dec 2011 build).

It is hard to say how long we've worked on it since we never worked on it full time for a prolonged period of time, so it is difficult to put a number on it. It started in January 2011, but there were months where nothing happened at all, months where just two people worked on it and only during the weekends, and months where 4 people worked on the game full time. Adding everything up, perhaps 8 months full time with 4 people would be a good estimation?

I am quite proud of the iOS version myself, got a lot of cool stuff done in that from a technical POV, using an unmodified UDK. Hope to show that some next week or the week after.

Comment

Its come a long way since the initial student release! a lot more polish and character! the music is AWESOME too! congrats to you and the people at Talawa Games!

Comment

It look, sound & feel amazing so far

Look like a AAA game, really awesome stuff !

Comment

Amazing Job guys! Keep us updated.
                    Love the soundtrack!

Comment

Very well done guys! Looks superb!
                      Expect a purchase from me!

Comment

Very artistic, very creative and extremely experimental! 5/5 Stars!
                        PS: Not much worth buying that game in my area (or through Steam), perhaps.

Comment

Just a heads up that the game has now been released!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211180/
                          http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/unmechanical/
                          http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-UNMECH/unmechanical
                          https://www.onlive.com/launch/trial/unmechanical

Comment

This looks totally awesome! Really digging the style and the sound. Looks like a lot of fun, too!

Comment

Very fun game Hourences! I bought it for me and as a birthday gift for a friend. I know he's going to love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X