Routine - 80s Horror game set on the Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Reminds me of Echo Night: Beyond. Looks very sexy, keep up the great work!

Ring a bell when you publish it or if you need help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When will there be an update? LOL I love this project! It looks great!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No problem bro and if you guys are ever looking for another project to join up on I am making a game called viral and you and your girlfriend are more than qualified. You guys actually are a goal for us because we are trying to get our work the best it can be under UDK's limitations. We are going for realism so...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Farseer: Thank you matey! love what you are doing with Planetstorm!

TheAgent: Thank you! <3! Appreciate the tutorials and zombies game!

Phen0mM0dz: Well there is only 3 of us at the moment! Me and my Girlfriend, and a good friend who is the Programmer! Me and my Girlfriend actually did all the art for the programmers game so in exchange he is doing the code for ours. Hope that helps! and thank you very much for the kind words!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This Blew my mind great work guys can not wait to see a trailer, also i know this is an odd question but are your members being paid or is this all freelance? You don't need to answer that because from my experience it can be personal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The modeling and textures are great!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is starting to look absolutely brilliant, looking forward to seeing it in motion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys! just a quick update today showing the main tool used in the game!

CAT is the Cosmonaut Assistance Tool that is mainly used for a variety of maintenance jobs but can also be used to potentially defend yourself!

It comes with a full colour screen viewed from the back to really help the user when doing those small tricky jobs! 3.5″ Disk drive for software updates and two Lithium-Ion Batteries slots!

Here are 2 images of tool in UDK:

More updates coming soon, we are working heavily towards a teaser video for the Develop conference in Brighton on the 12th of July!
    Appreciate any follows or likes on facebook or twitter! <3

ThePriest909: Thank you! love the work you are posting also! following you guys on twitter!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I always use to believe that, when it comes to indie productions, the smaller the team is, the better and faster the job is done.
    Love the design and the concept! Keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ahh thank you!, really awesome feedback!

It is one thing I am trying very hard to achieve! the alllmost random but very unique elements that can change your experience per play through! we are a very small team though! so bare with us hehe

Thanks again! feedback is always welcome! and its great to find a fan of Roguelikes here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Razorb I enjoy the high replayability many of them possess,as well as many intricate generation systems they use to create more varied content. I enjoy the level of addiction they have - for me, at least
    Never liked Permadeath though, as I tend to grow a bond to characters very quickly. But I loved the many creative and surprising ways your character could die
    Some of roguelikes also possess nice blend of basic gameplay elements to create deeper interactions or interesting results. For example a human monster could sacrifice you to god if you accidentally step on an altar in ADoM, you could also gain abilities from eating enemy corpses with that ability. Some games, like Ragnarok, went all crazy like having scrolls of extinction that, when blessed, could be used to wipe out an entire race of species of your choice, (or create if scroll was cursed). So permanently changing into a dog, then wiping out humans, then recreating them as tentacled 10-eyed monsters and then shifting back into these new "humans" was possible. That is gameplay stuff you just will not see in 99% of AAA titles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very kind, thank you! out of curiosity? what is it about Roguelikes that interest you?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not a fan of horror games myself, but it's nice to see another team using roguelike-inspired ideas in their games, and judging by screenshots it's decent quality as well.
    Good luck with development, guys!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Routine - 80s Horror game set on the Moon

Routine - 80s Horror game set on the Moon

Hello UDK Forums!

Routine is a Roguelike inspired atmospheric first person horror game set on an abandoned Moon base. This is not a game about mass homicide or an elaborate points system, you must run, hide and survive long enough to explore the base and find out what has happened. While dealing with randomly placed environment hazards, AI locations/behaviours and PERMA DEATH! you can also unlock extra tools and attachments to help you in your struggle.

Lunar Software is a new Indie studio that consists of 3 people, 2 artists and 1 programmer, we are based in the UK and look to really make something a bit different in the horror genre! Inspired by some gameplay elements from Roguelikes such as Perma death and random environmental sections, but also a lot of retro Sci-Fi inspiration from things such as Space 1999, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Thing and plenty of 1980's Electronic music/Floppy Disks and CRT's

WWW.LUNAR-SOFTWARE.COM

Please don't hesitate to get in contact with me or just find out more info at one of the following places! but please by all means post here as questions and feedback is really welcome!

WWW.LUNAR-SOFTWARE.COM

Working...
X