Architectural Visualization [Real Time]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Architectural Visualization [Real Time]

Long time browser, first time poster. I wanted to share my recent adventures into using UDK for real time architectural visualiztion. All in all, it was a very enjoyable and rewarding process. It's certainly a viable option to use UDK to produce high quality renderings and video, and I'm striving to change the industry perception that game engines are only for bang-bang first person shooters.

Here's a link to the final video:
    http://vimeo.com/user2231473/mill-valley-cabins

While it's not perfect, I think that in the overall scheme of things that it was a smashing success given that this was a fairly different workflow from your typical arch viz pipeline.

Wonderful!

This work is like arthouse, reminds me of the classic 60s art. Like any of these tasty environmental settings, in-depth high quality and some iridescent things. Great work! BTW, like the flyby and custom audio track.

Comment

I really like this. The interior looks exceptional. The lighting (indoor) is dead on IMO. Very convincing.
      My only critique is that the landscape seems a little crowded/unrealistic, but on the whole its a very impressive scene. Congrats!

Comment

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, the landscape is perhaps a little too crowded. That's a nasty habit from the arch viz world where clients want to see their landscape like someone poured Miracle Grow on a jungle.

The audio is "Untitled" by Telepopmusik in case you are wondering.

Comment

Dupe post, see above.

Comment

It look, sound & feel awesome

If I can share my pov, I found the main lighting to be to much purple & DOF is a bit to much too imho

Comment

No worries, C&C are always welcome. I had struggled against the warm balance for the entire duration of the project, it got to the point where I had to leave it as is to work on other things. But, now that I've taken a step back and rested my eyes, I do agree with the purples starting to overpower the tone.

The DOF was another delicate balance of pushing the limits of the software versus going overboard.

Comment

Working...
              X