Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    thank you James,
    yup, the last update was looong time ago, i hope i'll find more free time for the next one

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking great pal. Its been a while since the last update but the work is very impressive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    new stuff

hi,
    here are the new screenshots

some new assets, lots of green color added. too much maybe ( even the roads are grassy now, might not like it tomorrow) new windows with a neat parallax interior effect ( a bit over-the-top still but i like where it's going) a couple of new wall tiles and archways..
    made my first stencil ever..
    better light environment ( realtime shadows + baked in the distance)
    the ball-trees are quickly put together just to have something there, i will make some topiary thingies later
    the cliffs in the bckgr are temporary, so is the sea..better than having a black hole beneath the level :P

finally managed to cook the game without errors and install it..sadly, the gameplay is still just about jumping and twirling around

these circular windows wont be ''pasted'' on the wall like that...need to make a few wall tiles with matching holes..

fake dof

Leave a comment:

• replied
    tnx guys!

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    Fantastic work there !

I dunno why you say the result is unsatisfying because it look fantastic. BTW, you can achieve stunning results with 1024 tx & yours look even better so don't be too hard on your results
    tnx! it's not that i dont like it, it turned out pretty well considering the complicated mesh but it really sticks out once i place it among the less complicated ( thus higher rez )tiles. and the time and resources i would spend making at least 20 more of those would be an overkill. i guess THAT was unsatisfying
    the new approach that uses vertex colors to mask layers of textures enables me to make much more tiles pretty quick and it will look fine once i add smaller decorative objects..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sittingducky View Post
    hi,
    i did these tiles according to a concept i made but unfortunately even with 2k textures the result in UDK was unsatisfying...i've found a more generic and faster ( but still ok ) approach later on..

still, i won't abandon them completely..maybe i'll use it in some other project...
    the diff texture is quite basic for now...

Fantastic work there !

I dunno why you say the result is unsatisfying because it look fantastic. BTW, you can achieve stunning results with 1024 tx & yours look even better so don't be too hard on your results

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I never saw this project before, but it's really amazing. Beautiful models, and the gameplay seems really fun. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    brilliant stuff!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi,
    i did these tiles according to a concept i made but unfortunately even with 2k textures the result in UDK was unsatisfying...i've found a more generic and faster ( but still ok ) approach later on..

still, i won't abandon them completely..maybe i'll use it in some other project...
    the diff texture is quite basic for now...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    haha, awesome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^What that guy said, really cool looking and creative project!!! Love all of the character and environment designs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool! Nice to see that this project is still being made, it's one of my favourites here!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hellooo

here's a modest update. i have a looot of work to do so i just draw these concepts to relax..
    im trying to come up with monsters and im still playing around with basic ideas

this one is not even a monster but it goes well with the style of the main character so i'll keep it..

this guy could be a nice base for a few interesting variations like soldiers/snipers/heavy guns etc.. however, its not what i originally planned for this game but i'll see where it takes me... the only way to kill it is to land on it from a very high altitude thus cracking the helmet...shellmet? :S

cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JessieG View Post
    I love that character! Do you have any high res screenshots of it? He's so ugly but so cute at the same time haha. And the animations are great. Especially that slow prance/walk. Awesome job so far!
    I second that !

Awesome, keep it up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lord_PorkSword thanks for the beer!

SantoToribio tnx man, i only wish i had the patience to animate the camera in matinee : ))

JessieG lol i guess its a good thing, tnx

aRny tnx, the character was sketched looong time ago in my highschool days when i was frustrated by doing portraits all the time : )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    do you have a gremlin as a pet or something? excellent character!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X