Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sugar Rush wip

pics on http://sittingducky.deviantart.com/gallery/31972670

another iteration of my udk funtime.. it was formerly titled BabySitter and the wip video can be seen here http://youtu.be/n7peShsUXwA

nothing here is 100% done, possibly the character animation. the level is build out of base tiles and will be much richer once the new set of windows, decoration and foliage is made...no enemies yet, just used the same character for gameplay tryouts...the idea is to lure the monsters ( by spawning limited number of candy ) near tall structures in order to squash them by jumping from the top...
    the ragdoll effects are just me having fun with the F key...i would like him to go ragdoll if he hits the wall while in the umbrella mode...working on it...

tnx for watching

I love that character! Do you have any high res screenshots of it? He's so ugly but so cute at the same time haha. And the animations are great. Especially that slow prance/walk. Awesome job so far!

Comment

This looks awesome! Gave me a good laugh XD

Comment

fantastic start. Artistic, technical and gameplay!

The start of the video is a bit bothersome due to the shaking camera. Could have been a simple panning camera in matinee for a smooth result.

Oh and you can get that annoying error message off screen. If you hit the letter 't' in the console the first result is "toggleallscreenmessages", tab, enter.

Looking forward to updates and hopeful for future release.

Comment

Oh my God this is hilarious. I love it.

Comment

That is a game I'd surely buy. Reminds me a bit of Alice: Madness Returns, which I love.

Comment

wow great concept!!!

Comment

Interesting .

Comment

Topsy-turvy fun!

Very good atmosphere but the lighting is tighter bright, color-crazed textures/details, very dizzy about the first flyby setting and I lol'd with the character, its animation holding the umbrella is similar to Mary Poppins. Love this project mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                    fantastic start. Artistic, technical and gameplay!

The start of the video is a bit bothersome due to the shaking camera. Could have been a simple panning camera in matinee for a smooth result.

Oh and you can get that annoying error message off screen. If you hit the letter 't' in the console the first result is "toggleallscreenmessages", tab, enter.

Looking forward to updates and hopeful for future release.
                    man, you saved my life!! i googled my *** of trying to find how to remove that camera shake? noted and will make the smooth animation in matinee next time

the lighting will get better once i make the level more interesting so the shadows will streak across...

thank you guys for nice words, im happy you like it

Comment

thanks man, you can find pics here http://sittingducky.deviantart.com/gallery/31972670

Comment

Looks excellent!
                        The character animation is superb! [insert beer here]

Comment

Fantastic job all around sir! This is delightfully unique and already looking very polished.

Comment

Oddly enough, I checked this out last night and when I went to sleep, I had a dream where I was out on the street and everyone around me was walking like your character haha.

Comment

do you have a gremlin as a pet or something? excellent character!

Comment

Working...
                              X