Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Person Shooter "Grim" by More Polygons (Trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Person Shooter "Grim" by More Polygons (Trailer)

Hi Guys,

I'd like to share our first trailer. It features our first Deathmatch level "Outpost".

We're a group of six students working on our graduation project in UDK, creating an online first person shooter that is due late June.

In future videos we will dig deeper into the design of "Grim" to show you the unique aspects of our game.

More info is available on our website (link below)

our website: http://grim.morepolygons.com

I worked on some of the particle systems for the first and third person muzzle flashes.
    The third person muzzles only worked 'randomly' (most times it didn't and sometimes it did cause 3p effects to be triggered)
    This odd effect happens somewhere inside EffectIsRelevant(,,,) inside ThirdPersonFireEffects(,) function of the attachment class.
    So if you're having trouble working with third person muzzles, fiddle inside that function (I just always call CauseMuzzleFlash until I properly fixed the EffectIsRelevant function)

The video is something I put together for my team to show what we have with modified particle FX (an artist will create the finals, these act as placeholders)
    I took several effects from the rocketlauncher and manta in case you're wondering.

Comment

Looks pretty badass. Loving the pistol that shots a crispy-creme hunk of lead from all those flames .

Comment

Originally posted by theflamingskunk View Post
        Looks pretty badass. Loving the pistol that shots a crispy-creme hunk of lead from all those flames .
        Thanks that is was I was going for

As a ref, once we add the actual particle FX it should look something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...jODPDFA#t=282s but with a bigger muzzle and less projectiles flying towards the enemy.

Comment

That looks like it could be pretty cool. As far as the overall project, are you going for an almost "ridiculous" feel with weaponry that packs a big punch and feels real powerful. From what i've seen it looks like it, and it looks like it will be pretty sweet.

Comment

this is looking great.
            are you stemming your effects or code off the UT / UDK tree, or is everything custom? whats the plan with this project.. the end goal

Comment

Originally posted by aRny View Post
              this is looking great.
              are you stemming your effects or code off the UT / UDK tree, or is everything custom? whats the plan with this project.. the end goal
              The effects I used are currently modified versions of particle FX that ship with UDK/UT3Demo, they will be changed/replaced later on.

The end goal is a vertical slice of an online shooter. This is our graduation project and a full first person shooter in 4-5 months would be too much. Instead we're creating only a few levels and try to make the game as fun as possible without adding 100s of upgrade of customization options.
              We have one weapon and three upgrades per category (ability, item) and currently two maps one for each of the gametypes.

We have regular updates at http://grim.morepolygons.com I will soon share some more information about the gameplay and there is a new trailer coming up highlighting some of our features.

Comment

We've just finished the second trailer of our game. It features our second level "Climb" which was created for our Breach gametype.
                The "Mateba" our multi-purpose weapon (with both short and long range capabilities) and Leap our primary ability are all included in this new video.

Comment

looks nice. i like the all the fire that comes out from the guns when you shoot.

Comment

Working...
                  X