DM-Deck Inspired Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Deck Inspired Level

Hey all, I am working on a level that feels and sort of looks like DM-Deck. This will be a multiplayer deathmatch mini level. I will be updating this. This is what I have so far. Feedback and advice is encouraged. Thanks.

Current WIP

Rough napkin sketch of the layout, will most likely change.

Comment

Looking good, really a nice new map. Looks bright under the sun (on the outside) but nice atmosphere and texture details round-up. Great job so far and keep up the good work.

Comment

Some updates on a part of the map.

Comment

You could probably bump up the visual interest with a bit of color variation, maybe props that are a rich color. It looks good, but my eyes aren't drawn to any particular area of interest. Some sort of focal points around the map would make it pop.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Tux Android!

Comment

Oh I see, I didn't think of that. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Thanks for the feedback JessieG!

Comment

Updates on the the interior of the hallway. (Lighting isn't final lighting)

Comment

Fine looking map, for me it's somewhere between DM-Deck and The Ball. I,ve noticed some smoothing groups problems ( 2nd pic, cables on the walls).
                  Are you using ase or fbx for static meshes export? Fbx gives control over smoothing group export.
                  Good luck with your project.

Comment

I am using the DM-Deck meshes for this milmarg. Thanks for bringing that up to my attention. I will fix it for the next pass.

Comment

Update (still not done)

Comment

Been a while since last post. Here are some updates on my lighting pass. As always feedback is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                        X