The finish line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The finish line

Hi guys I am currently working on a free racing game called the finish line. I am 16 and hoping to become a game developer when I am older so this is my first real attempt at a game.

Please check it out. I am looking for testers so if you would like to play it message me.

Also there will be a new video up soon showing some big new features.

New video

Comment

Looks pretty good already!
      Try adding more custom Physics to the vehicles and maybe start working on the HUD!
      Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by scrapland View Post
        Looks pretty good already!
        Try adding more custom Physics to the vehicles and maybe start working on the HUD!
        Great work!
        Yeah still pretty early on. I don't really get scaleform so HUD will probably take a side seat for now. But yeah I want to get the AI 100% working first then will work on things like getting the physics better

Comment

Looks like it could become a very fun game! there hasn't been a good deathmatch style racing game since armageddon that I can think of so would do well to rival that and some!

As Scrapland has said, great work indeed and keep at it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lion Core Games View Post
            Looks like it could become a very fun game! there hasn't been a good deathmatch style racing game since armageddon that I can think of so would do well to rival that and some!

As Scrapland has said, great work indeed and keep at it!
            At the moment I'm working on the Race aspect but I fully intend to have the deathmatch aspect to. At the moments there are different maps for each. Open ones for death match and tracks for racing. I intend to have multiplayer, but at the moment I have been struggling with getting the internet multiplayer to work. Again thanks for the comments.

Comment

I will be doing a Q&A video about the game soon so please send in your questions and subscribe to my new account which is completely for my games.
              Thanks.

Comment

I'll test it for you man, I'll PM you now

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG85 View Post
                  I'll test it for you man, I'll PM you now
                  Thanks anyone else who would like to message me

Comment

New video showing a full race

Comment

Nice project mate, have been never mind about Scorpion racing, make some more. :thumbsup:

Comment

It's nice but there is still a lot of work to do. This map is monotonous, just driving around is little bit boring with no details. You should add some more variations like jumps, rough terrain and also change the material of the road. Also try to adding some trees, grass, rocks and etc.
                        Also you need to improve pyhsics of vehicle. Handling is to reactive and you should fix that.
                        Good luck

Comment

C'mon guys let's try n help Will out testing his game and giving the lad some feedback, after all he is a one man band.

Comment

Originally posted by Tux Android View Post
                            Nice project mate, have been never mind about Scorpion racing, make some more. :thumbsup:
                            Thanks for the support, this is my first project and it is good to hear encouragement. Also gaz661 has said that I can use his vehicles. So there will also be a motorbike among other.

Comment

Originally posted by Beno09 View Post
                              It's nice but there is still a lot of work to do. This map is monotonous, just driving around is little bit boring with no details. You should add some more variations like jumps, rough terrain and also change the material of the road. Also try to adding some trees, grass, rocks and etc.
                              Also you need to improve pyhsics of vehicle. Handling is to reactive and you should fix that.
                              Good luck
                              I have a few other tracks which have trees etc, are much less bland but this is the one I am mainly testing on, if you look at my youtube page F1ftyKUBICAFTW and Humeangames I have lots of videos which show clips/screenshots of other tracks which are less bland.
                              Also yesterday I worked on vehicle physics for the scorpion so it is more like a race car and the brakes are less realistic etc, as well as beginning to add more camera options hopefully

Comment

Working...
                              X