Descension: An Action/Adventure Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Long time without update here, just want to let you know that project is still alive and going on. There are also few new pictures of our Tram station.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New Updates:

Decoherency Gun - Fully customisable weapon to fit your play style.

Traeven Model - Sporting the bracers (meele weapon and UI) along with the power pack that will be used as the HUD system for the game. Obviously this is still a WIP image but I was told by our character artists last night was texture night.

Environmental Concept - New piece from Don Pyatt showing off the escape hatches level with mechanical arm putting drop pods into place.

Thanks for looking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry, we haven't posted in a while for the few of you that are following our progress here. Here are some new updates:

Environment Video:

New character and environmental concept art:

Completed Character Models:

Hope you like what you've seen and during the coming months I plan to keep what is going on more up to date.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry, double post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi!
    Keep up the great work, this is looking impressive. I think this is gonna be a really good game: the plot(exploring the dark side of humanity) is interesting(I wanna know more),
    and the ship looks awesome.
    You said that you created the entire ship in UDK. BSP? Entirely?
    Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Character Model WIP's:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346756782.495759.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	3249129

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346756824.477860.jpg
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	3249130

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346757286.930991.jpg
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	3249131

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346757310.660291.jpg
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	3249132

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346757322.805371.jpg
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	3249133

Feel free to leave comments.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Impactful & lasting gameplay

Many modern games have vast modding communities that cater to them. *In many cases a new idea keeps cropping up as a popular mod. *In general that idea is*centred*around making the game choices have more permanence and making the death of the character of more consequence than reloading your latest save. Descension explores different game mechanics around the idea of persistent choices and saves, differing from the mainstream in an attempt to make the impactfulness of the story more relevant, and the gravity of your choices more poignant. * While saving at any point is possible, there is only one save for any particular game started, and using that save is done by logging into your unique character.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys, just thought I would make a post to say we created the ship in the trailer in the post above (thanks Belmin) completely in UDK. It took around 30 hours to complete 10 of those hours were playing with the background. If you have any questions on this process please feel free to ask.

Here are some final images of how it turned out.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Big day for us guys, our first trailer is finally released. Watch it out and every share and comment is appreciated

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Descension strives to be a game about story, and as such it also strives to be a game full of choices. In an effort to make this more intuitive, most areas of the ship and the game mechanics are designed around Three possible paths to completion. In RPG games there is the Mage class, the Warrior Class, and the Thief Class. Let this serve as a metaphor for these gameplay styles, and it is up to the player to choose at any given time what playing style they prefer. In contrast to a typical RPG game, the player isn’t forced into one mold or another, but rather the game will adapt to their preferred playstyle, unlocking skills and areas only accesible to those proficient in their preferred skillset, especially towards the end of the game, where certain story arcs are only available to those with certain levels of proficiency. Working in tandem with these styles, the player will become more proficient and their subsequent skill base modifiers will allow them to further excell in those playing styles they practice the most. This is all done under the hood, with only a few indicators to que the player as to their ability levels in each area.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have now officially joined this Descension project as a 3D Artist.

We have a strong dedicated team and look forward to the release of Demo 2.0.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mavrik73 View Post
    Well video game titles themselves aren't actually copyright-able, just like any other literary or artistic work. So unless "Descent" is trademarked, it probably would have been ok. Better that you changed it though so as not to cause confusion I suppose. Good work on the game guys, it's looking great!
    Thanks for your input man, it's appreciated. I'll be uploading more content soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well video game titles themselves aren't actually copyright-able, just like any other literary or artistic work. So unless "Descent" is trademarked, it probably would have been ok. Better that you changed it though so as not to cause confusion I suppose. Good work on the game guys, it's looking great!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DJ CARNIV AL View Post
    Hey folks. I shall dip my nose in the download later and give you some feedback.

You'll have to keep us updated on the naming issue, many games have working titles though so a name change wouldnt be unusual tbh. Descention? Mass Descent? Project Descent?
    The game has changed named to Descension, Al. I am waiting on Rob to change the name of the topic as its his thread haha :-P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey folks. I shall dip my nose in the download later and give you some feedback.

You'll have to keep us updated on the naming issue, many games have working titles though so a name change wouldnt be unusual tbh. Descention? Mass Descent? Project Descent?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X