Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Stop (Desert Environment)

Hi,

I've reached a point where I'd like start a wip thread for this environment so here it is.
    I'm still a newbie so don't make fun of me

Close-up of assets:
    (I will post breakdowns after the entire environment is done.)

Attached Files

Is this a Massive level?

Comment

Originally posted by YTng_wolfdale View Post
      Is this a Massive level?
      Thank you for the reply.
      Yes, the environment itself is quite large but only for background purposes.
      Only the key location (gas station) and some outer parts will be focused.

Comment

Hey nice looks good! is there a way for us to see some of the meshes a little better? if you can do that?
        I'm working on a desert map myself just as practice. (http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...esert-War-Town)
        Looks really nice i wonder what you done for the floor? is it terrain and how did you get that nice sand texture?

Comment

Hey nice looks good! is there a way for us to see some of the meshes a little better? if you can do that?
          I'm working on a desert map myself just as practice. (http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...esert-War-Town)
          Looks really nice i wonder what you done for the floor? is it terrain and how did you get that nice sand texture?

Comment

Originally posted by STRIMIX View Post
            Thank you!
            Your desert map seems to be coming out well too!
            As for the floor, yes it is terrain. The sand textures are modified textures from CGTextures.com and given a subtle normal map.

Comment

Hey mafiadude, it does look very cool. Are you able to post some textures and wires for the models? Your PP is awesome but it doesnt allow us to see the models very clearly and as your an environment artist I guess thats what you want to be Crit on? Good job

Comment

Originally posted by White Paper Games View Post
                Hey mafiadude, it does look very cool. Are you able to post some textures and wires for the models? Your PP is awesome but it doesnt allow us to see the models very clearly and as your an environment artist I guess thats what you want to be Crit on? Good job
                Thank you for your kind comments
                I will get started on some breakdown screens for the assets I have and try to get them up later on today.

Comment

Very nice job on pulling this off. I like the road texture!

Comment

What is the size of the landscape you use? What technique did you used to avoid texture tiling ?

BTW very nice work !

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
                      Very nice job on pulling this off. I like the road texture!
                      Thanks!

Originally posted by smallbit View Post
                      What is the size of the landscape you use? What technique did you used to avoid texture tiling ?

BTW very nice work !
                      Thank you! Its not a landscape, just simple terrain. The texturing is nothing special, just 2 simple sand textures,
                      one for default sand, and one for dirty/grassy sand. I'm still in the process of making a few more terrain textures to add more
                      variation and what not.

Comment

Very cool. I've always liked this kind of image. Something like this with a storm in the distance would be sweet.

Only thing that pops out at me is the fact that every power line pole has a transformer on it. I'm not sure if you have plans on changing that but I would probably keep a transformer on one near the gas station and leave it off of the rest of them.

Comment

Good eye for detail there Obsidiaguy, makes sense

Comment

Great!!!!...beautiful images. Stars for you.

Comment

Working...
                            X