X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty Lens flares

Finished test

First test

Would like to share my update on my dirty camera Lens Flare..
    This is my continuous w.i.p. of my first ever lens flare.
    Specs and dirt spots / markings on FPS camera gives the illusion that your "visor" is dirty.. or that you are behind some type of glass or plastic..
    Only shows when light is visible on screen.
    Going after that BF3 lens flare look...

I dont know how to do HLSL..
    So I took a picture with my camera of my window at night time with a flash, got a few pictures of dots and gunk / dirt on black background from the window up close (blurred) moved camera back 30cm then took another picture (sharp) joined pictures in photoshop, made transparent material in udk, assigned the different materials to the spites used with the lens flare scaled some up others small, this is the finished effect.. =)
    Any crits welcome

Looks very cool. This would be cool to add to like a pane of glass or binoculars in-game.

Comment

Very nice. Would be very cool if you could show in more detail, how it was done.

Comment

Very nice for the lens flare effect. Calls out to be great (but 3-month-old bumpy thread).

Comment

Link the flare texture to your screen UV's so it doesnt move around. Looks a bit strange that the dirt moves around the camera

Comment

How can I achieve this?
            I'm guessing its done in the material channel.
            Is it set up the same way as a 2d texture effect?
            This file is downloadable is you wish to tweak it. I'll re-upload it for anyone willing to improve it.
            Its not even a Post Process effect. What I was originally after was the same effect you see in battlefield 3 and the new crysis 3 tech trailer.

Comment

If you re-upload it, ill show you what I was talking about

Comment

Working...
              X