Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just starting on a level and needing some feedback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    sorry for the late reply but I am going to mess around with this later tonight with the active ai zombie code because that seems like what I have been looking for.
    I'm still not 100% sure if I like the green street lights, I'm thinking of changing them to a pail blue (coldness instead of sickness)

thanks white paper games for the link and the help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Code-and-Stuff

Leave a comment:

• replied
    awesome thanks, but where do I find Teglegs tutorials? do you have a link?
    I got the zombie code partly working but I might check out that tut. anyways
    as for the mini map I found a 48 page tutorial on the scaleform version that I am in the middle of trying.it might take a couplre of days.
    thank again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you want Zombie type AI check out Teglegs tutorial on that, pretty cool and something pretty close to what your after I think. He can always be founds pretty quickly in the programming section!

As for your minimap, I've a few tutorials out there. You'll have to do some Googling.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    huh...
    ironicly I had to comment out the physics line in the other folders until I got that up and running but never thought about commenting out a line as a trial and error.
    thanks I'll give it a try and hopefully it won't be something I need later on down the road.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If I ever get issues with scripts the first thing I do is comment out the calls to the broken function, d see if that breaks anything else. It sounds to me like you just need to check over your pawn class to see what the problem is with regentime and commentb it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have worked on this for the past week but I have kinda hit a road block with the "program and script" forum questions that have either gone unanswered or lead to dead ends.
    I feel like I can not do my full potential with this project until I figure out how

1) to get the enemy AI's to do a close contact attack, like the zombie pawn but have them strike at you. I am trying to stay away from the default shooter bots and stay in the original storyline

2)why the game pawn reads "ElapsedRegenTime'; Bad Command or Expression
    failure 1 error 0

//calculate elapsed time
    ElapsedRegenTime += DeltaTime;
    //

3) I know how to customize/hide the Hud but how do you customize the players navigational map (top right of the screen?)

I am not expecting a whole write out but a tutorial link or a point in a decent direction without having to go through pages and pages through a bunch of websites only to come to a dead end.
    I am not a programmer and would like to get at least one full level done for a demo reel, I have plans to build more around the environment and end it in a cinematic cut scene that supports the existing story line. The player will be in the third person with the camera following close behind the charater. I have the nine enemys and player animated and ready to be added to their animsets. All of which I can do and have the knowledge but I can not continue on unless I can figure out the answers to these three questions first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks now I am working on the dynamic lighting and I want to add more junk and debris around the endges of the walls on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    all of the textures were done in photoshop because I really don't like using terrain brush in udk, it's hard to control and always ends up looking odd or out of place. even if I dedicate a number of hours just on one texture.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't understand the problem with the terrain, are you using a big brush? You should be using a terrain mesh. That will fix your resolution problems plus then you can use alpha masks to give the texture some variation so anything that doesn't quite tile won't be that much of an issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The first pics you posted, look exactly like Call Of Cthulhu (<3)
    The level layout, I think its pretty decent, but they were right about the textures.
    The new pics with brighter, sharper tex's looks 1000 times better(buildings).
    The ground, is hard for me to texture properly also, with non organic tile-ables like stones and such.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay I have refigured the texture/material settings and that got rid of the red dots, and took the advice on using a 1024x1024. The two focal points in the game couldn't be seen in the last shots because of the fog so I lowered the density down a little. I still have to add the lights into the streetlamps and add a glowing bulb. I am in the process of creating nine different enemie ai's that will be patroling around.

I might raise the windmill up a little bit more so you can see it over the buildings after you first come up the stairs.

once you make it to the windmill the second focal point (tower) comes into view, I still think I could do better on the floor texture so I might play around with that a little more.

over view sketch of the entire level.
    I welcome any type of comments,suggestions,feedback, critiuque etc..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    redid the floor and did away with the tiles all together and did it in a 1024x1024. reconfiruered the texture- material set up and that got rid of the dots, Know I am adding street lights in a pale sickish green color, and some of the buildings I am going to remap now that I know what the problem is. I will post new and improved pictures in a couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    also if you have a big model that uses a texture that could be tiled! then what you can do is just make your uv layout bigger and go out of the positive uv space.
    Then bigger you make it the better the resolution of your texture but don't over do it or you ill get really small floor stones.
    Make sure that your texture is tileable tho.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For that floor texture you would only need a 1024x1024 sheet max and UDK definitely lets you import those kind of sizes. If your unsure how to UV meshes I would recommend following some tutorials and learning some techniques.

As for the red spots..never seen those before. Are we sure its not a graphics card issue or anything? Lets not go blaming UDK now

Leave a comment:

Working...
X