Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UDK Magika-Technology War Game Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you can just model your characters as regular, and then split them apart. The modular mesh system(multiple mesh models within the same character model) is what I used. Then when you model any future armor or clothing types, you have to be mindful of the differences in structure( like where this piece of the modular mesh ends, and where that piece begins) of the model, so that things won't start to look wierd.

Thank you for your support!

Comment

Ok almost finished with the character system, will upload the video within the next few days. A little more work on the dialogue and quest system, and I will upload a video of it as well.

Comment

Finished making changes and working out bugs.

Comment

O_O

Arcanum.

motherofgod.jpg

Comment

I've been working on the combat system(equip and un-equip) and the quest system for the game. I will upload a video of the equip system soon.

Comment

Ok everyone, here is the video of the Equip/UnEquip system, let me know what you think of, and thanks for watching!

Comment

Looking Good!

Comment

Thank you so much! Your facial manipulation system looks great as well!

Comment

Looks very good so far be awesome to see how you go about doing the bow :-)

Comment

Bow weapons

Yes in inventory the bows are similar to swords in the way that they are equipped, it's the actual gameplay that differs. In the coming weeks I will upload videos of both systems, but the gameplay swordplay and archery systems will need to be perfected before I upload a video of them. They are functional, but not 100 percent. Right now working on some cool medieval buildings for the game. Will upload pics of them when I am done.

I had an idea of having cities with multiple "prosperity" types, and textures tied to that prosperity level. Will comment further later.

Comment

Alright everyone, here is the video of the bow being equipped in inventory, and the bow being equipped and de-equipped on the player. This equipping/unequipping system is part of a "Quick-Slot System", where when you drag a weapon onto your hand slot in inventory, that movie will let the HUD movie know that this item has been equipped, and when you click the Quick-Slot for that item, it will equip/unequip it, depending on the value of a variable.

Comment

Right now I am working on the melee combat system and implementing shields. This is more difficult than I had imagined(implementing shields). So far I have thought up of a system that uses a real-world collision model(the player has several different collision models that coorespond to the joints and ligaments of the character, such as one for the arms, one for the lower arms, one for the torso, etc.).

The shield is an actor that has a collision model, and when a "sword" weapon traces actors, if it traces the shield actor an animation will be played on the "owner" of the shield, and on the pawn that hit the shield. The shield itself is attached to the player via getting a "shield sockets" position that is on the player, and updating the location of the shield actor via the tick function to the shield socket's location.

Upon initial tests, this system works just fine. However, I was not able to implement the multiple collision models on the player, but it does what I want it to(if sword collides with shield, don't let the sword proceed any further, play an animation that "bounces" the sword off the shield(as in the real-world), and if the player is turned away from the pawn that is attacking us, then apply damage to the player.)

The shields will also be able to take damage, and if they "die" then you will loose the shield.

Comment

I've figured out a good bit about the combat system. I don't think that it is possible to have multiple collision components(someone please correct me if I am wrong), however, I have thought up of a way to do the melee combat system.

I have been working on the archery combat system as well. I have it almost figured out, and I am working on particles now. I will upload a video of this system very soon for you guys to check out.

Comment

Ok everyone, here is a video of the archery combat system.

Comment

Let me know what you guys think of the archery combat system(any room for improvement, etc.) Thanks for watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X