Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

WIP Doha Visualization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP Doha Visualization

Just wanted to post a couple of side-by-side images of our current project. The environment is Doha, Qatar. Please feel freee to comment

Great work!

You guys are from Qatar?

Comment

Close....Denver, CO
      Seriously, we're doing this for a world-wide client who happens to have an office in Doha.
      We were lucky enough to have a person there that walked the course and took a bunch of photo's for us for reference. So this is all based on photo reference with a lot of civil data for the road alignment. I wish we had the time (and budget) to detail everything out. This is a very beautiful city!
      Another shot:

Comment

Great work dude!!! only one question, in your last pic is that a jagged edge on the center building??? I don't know it might be an optical ilusion/effect because the other side looks perfect.

Comment

I'm so proud of you guys! Every day i see this map, it gets better and better. I can't wait to drive it in THE CHAIR:

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Shannon View Post
            I'm so proud of you guys! Every day i see this map, it gets better and better. I can't wait to drive it in THE CHAIR:
            WTF!!!!! is this going to be an arcade machine???

Comment

Kind of. It's a driving simulator (not really a game) to demonstrate the use of various software packages used to make large city models. The chair and driving level are really just a pretty way to show off the uses of other software and how the information is used across those applications. Hmmm...kinda hard to explain without giving away the client. It's a visualization tool, not a "game"

Comment

Just wanted to update with some new shots I took last week:
                [shot]http://content.screencast.com/users/kopar/folders/Jing/media/e72e582a-af69-400d-af9f-4c6aad859404/2012-01-20_1545.png[/shot]
                [shot]http://content.screencast.com/users/kopar/folders/Jing/media/adfcfa6f-c377-4ec2-9951-eed9b122560a/2012-01-20_1543.png[/shot]
                [shot]http://content.screencast.com/users/kopar/folders/Jing/media/6e4dc457-3614-479e-b47e-c794723c7762/2012-01-20_1542.png[/shot]

Comment

And, FINALLY got a video up to YouTube!

Comment

Cool stuff! Amazing to think that such a place exists!

Comment

Wow, visuals are stunning

Comment

Amazing looking!

Comment

Insane guys, awesome to see such high quality. Pretty cool project to be working on!

Comment

Working...
                          X