[WIP] Sidescrolling Shooter - Ethershift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] Sidescrolling Shooter - Ethershift

Over the last few months I have been working on a UDK project for my portfolio. My goal was to create a simple space shooter game with a few different enemies and several different weapons. I put everything I built into a 5 min demonstration.

All the behavior is handled using Unrealscript. Nearly every object in the game is represented using a particle system.

Here is the video I recorded. Let me know what you think. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Very nice! I love games like that and there's not many options available for pc or mac. My only suggestion for now would be to add some interesting background instead of the generic black sky with stars, like a space station or even planets or asteroids, but that would be something to worry by the time you're finishing the gameplay and stuff. One thing that I rly liked is the fact that you see how many points every ship you destroy gives, it's just a detail but that added an arcade feeling to it.
    If I were you I'd check a game called Jamestown, I think it would be a huge reference to you. Keep it up!!

Comment

@bauriema. I hadn't seen Jamestown before. Thanks for pointing it out. I like the (shield / resource collection) mechanic.

Comment

Nice to see I would kind of reiterate what Bauriema said, ask yourself what's Unique about this game and what you bring to the table with your game style. Thats what will make your portfolio stand out. Good job though!

Comment

Working...
        X