Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Menu - with animated background

hi all ,

started a menu for a basic platform game. i wanted some kind of looping animated background or something along them lines. i went for an after effects look if that makes sense, initial idea was bokeh depth of field style with a holographic box as selector but while playing with cascade i made the selection/cursor particle effect which i like so it will do for now.

so far consists of: looping background made quick in after effects converted to bik :}, cascade particle effect { selection cursor}.start and exit buttons ,controls up/w/down/s -select enter- :}

any suggestions or ideas ,critism ?.
    anyone like it ?

thanks.

oops double posted the thread , this is main post :}. thanks.

Comment

i think it is awsome well done, so fare i whud say that it all there is needed, just make it work and make your game ^^

Comment

Looking cool, obviously needs some refinement but for a rough menu design I like the idea behind it..

Comment

thanks for comments .

[QUOTEjust make it work and make your game][/QUOTE]

the menu works as is, if u press enter on start game it loads my map, and exit does what it should. the game tho lol is another story.is why i made the menu needed a break from the map/game i was making.

obviously needs some refinement but for a rough menu design I like the idea behind it..
          thanks , yes does need making proper. the end result wasnt what i had in mind, the after effects movie i made was at wrong resolution so it cut alot of it out, had a border with game name etc in it.the vid sucked anyway tbh first go with cs5 and iam not expiernced with after effects , i saw the amazing things it can do and had to try.key framing i can do from music software.iam just playing around with diff ways of making a very basic menu. i know all my game will need is start game and exit and maybe level select. so i thought why not keep it same controls as main game.
          the possibilties are crazy for backgrounds. jpg image background is so last decade:} my game is all frills and no substance:}.moulding myself after codemasters.{joke}

the green colour is from a light in the editor.the menu was made in the editor.the bik file is used as a material. very simple. lol the text is in the bik file too. its one bik file and one particle effect.no coding just kismet. replace the bik file and particle effect gives u have a new menu.my next attempt will be related to the game :}.

i will make scaleform menu and interfaces for my games in future. i just saw that i could easy make a menu using the knowledge i already had and is all i need at this stage for my epic in the making tank game. to explain the kismet pic:. the bottom right is the triggers, they toggle enter button on and off. i made it a console event just because i could.causeevent in config.ini. all infant school level kismet:}.ive just learnt what the and gate does so no holding me back now i know toggle and gate :}.stay tuned.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I really dig the concept! I'd suggest for you to use a spawn per unit module on the little round orbs emitter. That way when it moves between 'start' & 'exit', you'll get more particles to give you a nice trail. Right now it's getting a really bad "popcorny" (yes that's the term we use) trail that looks unrefined.

Comment

I'd suggest for you to use a spawn per unit module on the little round orbs emitter
              sweet thanks ill look in to that and try it. this the current look of the menu same particle effect. lol i liked the popcorn but now u mention it would be better with more.

Comment

woohoo i finally have scaleform in my menu

i followed this tuturial.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtDko9ujCYM

Comment

Working...
                X