Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My western map. what do you think?

Hi everyone!

I am just showing you a map I have been working on for about 2 days now, and I will be updating every day until its finished.

I am trying to achieve an old west atmosphere, and this is a real learning process for me, because this is the first time I am learning how to unwrap/UVW mapping.

please tell me what you think, and right now my main focus is landscape.

Blank(not preset)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	blank.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	3252258

the beginning(2nd day)

Name:	first.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	3252255

Name:	new.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	3252256

What grass looks better, the green or the brown?

Name:	newest.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	3252257

Alright, I hope you liked it, If not tell me why not.
    Attached Files

The cacti need to be taller and have a more uniform diameter, other than those two things all seem to be in order.

Comment

the beginning(2nd day)
      first.jpg

The cactus in that image is HUGE or the utility pole are just too small, and the grass is too green but I don't really like the brown, bottom line those are small details that can be fixed in no time.

Comment

It looks pretty good. Try adding some light fog. It will really spruce up the atmosphere.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone I really appreciate it! I will try and fix those problems, and update you tomorrow.

Comment

http://www.blogimagestore.com/wp-con...rt_cactusA.jpg

I think you are missing the contrast that a real desert has. a much more saturated sky, desaturate the cactus, and once you add some shrubs and rocks you should be in a better spot

Comment

thanks Myrkr I am going to try and achieve that feel using the post process effects. The shrubs I am working on, as well as some buildings.

Comment

Ok everyone, I didn't have much time today but I managed to finish the church, and railroad track.

This is just a pic of what the map looks overall.

Name:	SkyView.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	3248699

This is an update in the map.

Name:	update1.jpg
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	3248700

if you have any questions,comments,or concerns, please let me know

thanks for your time

Comment

looking better, did you scale it by using a bot? that's your reference, but anyway now looks better, keep going and let's see the end of this level.

Comment

Its looks better. The sky should be a dark more rich blue at the top. It looks too pale. See if you can get a different skybox texture, or make your own.

Comment

I took a long break, but I am back in the game!

So yesterday I made this hand painted sky using Photoshop. It wasn't hard at all to make, sense it just has one white cloud.

Name:	newsky.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	3248726

I have alot more modeling to do, the first house took me a while to make, and I am having difficulty with the UV mapping, but Its a learning process right.

I realized that textures are just as important,as the models.

thank you for your time. It wasn't a huge update but feedback on the sky would help

Comment

I took a long break, but I am back in the game!

So yesterday I made this hand painted sky using Photoshop. It wasn't hard at all to make, sense it just has one white cloud.

Name:	newsky.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	3248726

I have alot more modeling to do, the first house took me a while to make, and I am having difficulty with the UV mapping, but Its a learning process right.

I realized that textures are just as important,as the models.

It wasn't a huge update but feedback on the sky would help

thank you for your time.

Comment

Working...
                        X