Day After Tomorrow Tokyo Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day After Tomorrow Tokyo Scene

I'm a 3rd year University student studying 'Computer Games Modelling & Animation' and for an assignment I've had to pick a scene from a film and create an environment based on that scene. Obviously from the title I chose the Tokyo scene from 'The Day After Tomorrow'.

There is falling hail that breaks on impact on the road, rain, cloth & lightning. Will upload a video when it's all done.
    Some of the textures needs more work done on them and need to create the top halves of the buildings.

Also, I just updated my website, feedback on the layout (and the work if you want), and the work posted on this thread would be very helpful http://ab3d.weebly.com/

Thanks!

Very nice work! Btw did you create all the models? If so, very very nice! If not it's still nice!! XD. Oh yeah one question what school do you go to? I've been looking into colleges trying to get a list of accredited ones that offer computer games modelling and animation.

Comment

It looks pretty good, some of it doesn't look completely like realism though. It has a semi cartoon style look to it. I feel the alley way is lacking detail and variation when it comes to the road.

Great job though keep it up.

Comment

Thanks for the comment Apart from the skydome, it's all mine. I go to the University of Derby, pretty good, all the teachers are either ex-industry or freelance.

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
        It looks pretty good, some of it doesn't look completely like realism though. It has a semi cartoon style look to it. I feel the alley way is lacking detail and variation when it comes to the road.

Great job though keep it up.
        I know what you meant about the textures but wheres this alley you're talking about? :S

Comment

The main street you got there; it looks like an alley haha. I meant the main street though, sorry.

Comment

Ahh ok lol I was thinking of having road markings but from what I saw on google streetview, small backstreets don't really have that kind of stuff. Any suggestions?

Comment

It's hard to tell the level of realism you achieved with these shots. Can you put up closer shots of some of the items and areas to see how well they stand up to scrutiny? Nice work though!

Comment

Very nice location, but I would work on lighting some more . Good job so far though!

Comment

Very nice Iron Panda! Puts a lot of 3rd year work to shame! My only main crit is that some of the specular looks a bit plastic(y), but really good job on the whole scene and getting that amount of detail in a University project!

Comment

Working...
                  X