Landscape (4033x4033) WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Sculpting by hand gives you the level you indented and wanted. As Math does not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well. I;m using editor sculpting for mere layout of the map. I see no point of sculpting by hand. Simply because terrain is perfectly described by fractals.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Inside, he is probably doing this to better his understanding of the landscape system, and how the brushed work. WG is a great tool to help finish a LS fast, but it is also a shortcut that doesn't let you learn from you mistakes or from experience. I use Terresculptor when in a hurry. But I have found it so much more gratifying to make one from scratch. And the results are much more realistic and random.

Blood; This looks great, good job on the detail. Watch out for the stretching and vert displacement in close to verticle geometry. I run into that issue all the time. Where the landscape will develop holes where the geometry is at too steep of an angle. Overall, I would say that LS is shaping up to be a very fine looking piece of work. The material will be your hardest thing to pull off though. They are really a pain in the rump.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I am going to work on the smaller one first just for the aspect of getting a map we can start to test our game on when we come to it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BloodBrothers View Post
    Wait what? I am assuming World Machine is a heightmap generator or the sort?
    Yes.
    Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
    @ inside Always not good to assume things.

Anyway, BloodBrothers the landscape looks great, I love the plateaus for the 4033*2 map. I would love to see it textured soon.
    Why ?
    So. you trying to tell you can make by handpainting things like flow erosion ?
    Oh. You probably can. It will take you lots of time.
    In WM I can do it in 10 mins + next 20mins for texturing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BloodBrothers View Post
    Yes.

Anyway, BloodBrothers the landscape looks great, I love the plateaus for the 4033*2 map. I would love to see it textured soon.
    Why ?
    So. you trying to tell you can make by handpainting things like flow erosion ?
    Oh. You probably can. It will take you lots of time.
    In WM I can do it in 10 mins + next 20mins for texturing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have none so far. I would try hand-sculpting some mountain variations so they wont all be plateaus. Other than that, I would wait till the texture is done. That's where the real critique will be!

And thanks for the shout-out!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Agent from you that means a lot I just recently downloaded your Zombie beta (I followed you for a long time before it but when it came out my computer couldn't run it nor landscape) but anyways thanks agent! Any advice?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iniside View Post
    Your first mistake is not to use procedural generation of terrain ;p.

Check out World Machine. It will save you tons of time and produce results you will never be able to achieve by hand painting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your first mistake is not to use procedural generation of terrain ;p.

Check out World Machine. It will save you tons of time and produce results you will never be able to achieve by hand painting.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Landscape (4033x4033) WIP

Landscape (4033x4033) WIP

I am making a Landscape (First time really since I got a NEW computer and can finally use Landscape instead of Terrain) so I really need opinions and what is wrong with it and what to improve and what not and so forth. Be a nay sayer or not I doesn't matter.

4033x4033
    http://youtu.be/qinu2qs_6Ks

1009x1009
    http://youtu.be/LOKOcOw1eMI

Criticism is very needed (since I am 16 and new to the whole Landscape system) except for the fact of no textures and the flat parts and the me shooting missiles...that was my bad I didn't know it would be so loud haha

Sorry I think this is a WIP (or enough work to be considered to be on this forum) sorry if it is not....
Working...
X