Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradisiaque

Hi there,
    Paradisiaque is a small fan game I'm making based on the Dead or Alive Extreme 2 world, I'm using assets taken from this game (and other games too, which I know is perfectly illegal) using tools I developed and which you can see in this link: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3741
    Developement is already in progress and I plan to complete this thing in about 2 months.

The shader work looks pretty reasonable - but I'd really turn scale the bloom effect on the sun as it is deterimental to the rest of the scene. How many of the assets are your own?

Comment

The shader work looks pretty reasonable - but I'd really turn scale the bloom effect on the sun as it is deterimental to the rest of the scene.
      Hey thanks for the advice, I was thinking that too but I'm no artist, this game is like a programming challenge for me (getting assets from another game into UDK, programming a basic gameplay system, UI, sound, ...) maybe I should lower the bloom a little bit.
      The shader work is very minimalistic, all the materials used are a combination of the diffuse textures and the original lightmaps (again, taken for the doax2 game) 98% of the materials are unlit.
      How many of the assets are your own?
      None ... everything here is taken from the Dead or Alive 2 game.

Comment

Originally posted by Surveyor View Post
        Hey thanks for the advice, I was thinking that too but I'm no artist, this game is like a programming challenge for me (getting assets from another game into UDK, programming a basic gameplay system, UI, sound, ...) maybe I should lower the bloom a little bit.
        The shader work is very minimalistic, all the materials used are a combination of the diffuse textures and the original lightmaps (again, taken for the doax2 game) 98% of the materials are unlit.

None ... everything here is taken from the Dead or Alive 2 game.
        Hey man, I've done quite a bit of stealing resources from commercial titles in my own work. It enables you to prototype ideas and learn new concepts without having to produce all the assets yourself and as long as you're not trying to sell or distribute your work, who really cares?

Kudos to you, the environment looks great. I do agree the shader needs some toning down though, it's extremely bright.

Comment

Hi,
          here's some gameplay pics featuring KATYA - a gorgeous model from the game Singularity (by Raven software).

Well the reason I choose this model is that it's completely skinned and comes with the basic needed animations (walk, stand, run, ...) besides, all the other models had unfitting design for the purpose of this game (Gross armor, non photorealistic, poor skinning, ...)
          Your comments are most welcome.

Comment

Hey guys,
            Here are some more updates on the game, now there's a menu and 3 languages to choose from: english, french and japanese (which if you can read japanese, you would lough to death of the translation -which is actually made by me-)
            The game reached a reasonable quality and there's even some cinematics (last pic)
            The game is in its final dev stages and will be released soon.

Comment

Very Nicee

Comment

Okay guys the game is complete!!
                Some weird bugs are still there no matter what I did to fix them, so you'll just have to bear with it.
                Let me know what you think about all this.

Enjoy!
                http://www.4shared.com/folder/yrPgmnkr/_online.html

Comment

Thanks Surveyor
                  very good job

Comment

One week after release and there's no feedback!!! I didn't know this game is soooo perfect ... or maybe it's boring to hell that nobody bothered taking a look. Come on guys!!! FEEDBACK!!!

Comment

You have some really cool cinematic scenes. I found the controls to be very unresponsive and cumbersome however. The character would take too long to turn around for my tastes.

Comment

I understand that you didn't make any of the models and textures etc.. But it was pretty awesome I must say.. Had a whole heavy rain feel to it (PS3 game)..

I only played around for about 5 mins, I couldn't get off the hut or her clothes off ..

I think if you created the models and spruced up the textures and everything (there a bit dated) it would look incredible.. Maybe a bit more post process effects..

Awesome work dude.. Keep it up

OliStabilize

Comment

Wow, thanks for your comments guys!!

I found the controls to be very unresponsive and cumbersome however. The character would take too long to turn around for my tastes.
                          That's true, because I kept the original turn animations intact, which are relatively slow (about 2 seconds to turn 90°), I'll fix that for the next Paradisiaque which I'm working on right now.

I only played around for about 5 mins, I couldn't get off the hut or her clothes off
                          Forget about taking her clothes off man If I had a modeler to make the -unclothed- version of the player then that would be great... Anyways, I was suspecting people would get stuck in that hut, but not that easilly, the solution would be to check on ALL the points of interrest (the bed, the tree, the glass floor, ... I think there are 12) Some interresting things will happen after that, you definitely have to carry on!

Maybe a bit more post process effects..
                          I thought about that, but everyone using UDK these days puts the ChromaticAb effect on their scenes, it became like a must so I thought I'd leave things without post process.

Thanks again for your responses and keep commenting!

Comment

Paradisiaque2

Bonjour,

I've been working on a sequel to the first Paradisiaque, you can check the small video below, and the release is due on april 15.

Let me know what you think about this.

Comment

Okay, the game is released.

Just thought I'd let you know ...

Download link:
                              http://www.4shared.com/folder/yrPgmnkr/_online.html

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X