Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New SSGI(Realtime Indirect Global Lighting/Illum)(screen space global illumination)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SSGI(Realtime Indirect Global Lighting/Illum)(screen space global illumination)

hello guys..finally after some time coding stuff in c# and java.and being horribly busy.i came back to show you my works on the SSGI shader i made back in August..i started pollishing it two weeks ago..and the results are verry statisfying me..

heres the shots.i not implemented yet the blurring..so take in mind that itll look minimum two times better:

SSGI OFF
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ssgi0ff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	3252030

SSGI ON

Name:	SSgi0n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	3252031

Name:	ssgioff2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	3252032Click image for larger version

Name:	ssgion2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	3252033

Looking very good! Can't wait to see the final results of this when you finish it.

Comment

thanks mate

Comment

I don't see the point of this since lightmass already bakes GI, plus your screens look like they're just overexposed :\

Comment

What, what's the motivation behind making something like this with Lightmass there to make everything look all pretty? I imagine there's a method to your madness, we just need to be enlightened

Comment

Lightmass doesn't handle dynamic lighting. It looks pretty reasonable, but there's a lot of artifacting which detracts from the effect.

Comment

****..why you even bother posting replys when you don't understand the role of the shader....lightmass does precomputed GI means it'll take it tons of time to bake..but when you'll move an object or light it won't react.the shader is reacticg and its completely dinamic..about artifacts..it'll be blurred so it'll look minimum like lightmass

Comment

The shader looks great. I would love to use that in my games!

Keep it up desert_eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by desert_eagle View Post
                  ****..why you even bother posting replys when you don't understand the role of the shader....lightmass does precomputed GI means it'll take it tons of time to bake..but when you'll move an object or light it won't react.the shader is reacticg and its completely dinamic..about artifacts..it'll be blurred so it'll look minimum like lightmass
                  ...what? So if we don't understand it, we can't ask about it? That's stupid. You really need to work on your ability to take critique.
                  Could we maybe see a scene where we could see how it works? You know, dynamic unbaked light in some corridor where the light could maybe bounce behind corners?

Comment

Why are the pics with the SSGI on so ... grainy?

Comment

The grainy-ness is kind of like when you render an image from a modeling program, with not enough samples.

That's why it looks grainy.

Comment

ok.for those who doesent understand what this is...its not lightmass..its a shader that does what lightmass does..why i made it if we have lightmass:because after seeing the Frostbite2.0 tech demo..isaw how powerfull your scene can look with realtime glboal illumination..UDK doesnt support realtime Gi,so i started implementing it and came up with this... the grain:if youll take the Epic Games UDK SSAO and lower the sample count a bit plus remove the blur..itll look as grainy as my SSGi.I said that itll be blurred soon.

Comment

ill show later shots with sponza.not now.cause for now with sponza it looks very artifacty..ithink it has soemthing to do with the normals of the screen.anyway updates soon

Comment

Will this be released for the public or is it just a show and tell? Cant wait to see more shots!

Comment

um idont know yet...maybe ill post it for a price..or a lite version for free(less features),iwanna my games to be unique

Comment

Working...
                              X