X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by xnasorcerer View Post
    Hi. Thanks for your support.
    Anyway, I am just here to post a link for a kind of tutorial showing my approach on how to create roads that will fit a landscape inside UDK. I received to many emails and messages on youtube asking for this. I hope this help.

Watch in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJ2SupiKGE Sorry! No sound recorded!
    Thanks for sharing this! Painting through the terrain to reveal the road seems like a clever technique. =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    looks ok but its not free, any idea how much?
    around 80 $

there is a fully working 2 week trial version with directX export (besides some known game formats) so it can be tested pretty well before making final buying decision
    * for directX export you have to download BTB Pro demo

btw there is also some plugin for Google Sketchup - Instant Road (I think it's free but I'm not 100% sure)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried CityScape, but it doesn't allow you to export the meshes. You have to license it, but sadly there are no more servers for that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks ok but its not free, any idea how much?

there is also CityScape if you have 3ds max, its hidden on the installation disc so you have to install it manually.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    btw, speaking of roads, you might try BTB - Bobs Track Builder
    http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/
    you can test your roads/tracks in rFactor and some other racing games

it won't work with terrains but you can still use static meshes instead

Leave a comment:

• replied
    awesome
    shame this tutorial is not allowed on here.
    those mods are silly billies, hope they dont delete it again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi. Thanks for your support.
    Anyway, I am just here to post a link for a kind of tutorial showing my approach on how to create roads that will fit a landscape inside UDK. I received to many emails and messages on youtube asking for this. I hope this help.

Watch in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJ2SupiKGE Sorry! No sound recorded!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should continue wit UDK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
    Just because of a moderator...?
    Seriously though? I guess that as per his post there will be no answer given...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just because of a moderator...?

Anyway, that is a neat thing you got there. Good luck with your endeavors.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Roads meshes over a terrain landscape

Roads meshes over a terrain landscape

Well, I finally manage to find a workflow to lay down a road mesh over a terrain landscape inside UDK.

Here is the result:

I won't post any tutorial here, because the moderator (you know who you are ) will for sure delete it. So, if you want to know how to achieve the same thing, search for me inside Cryengine foruns, because I am leaving UDK, and I won't be posting anything more overhere or even be using UDK. It is not a UDK problem, but a moderator problem.
    Anway, good luck for you all.
Working...
X