Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal: Second Life project

Hi all.
    Maybe, some of us know what is the Unreal. It was the first project of Epic games it started with.
    I try to find the team of amateurs (but also needed experts) who could do a really titanic work - Unreal remake. I already have 1 man(excluding me) who is really interested in creating and releasing this project. If somebody interested in this, send a private message to me.
    _VLAD_UNREAL_

Recreation of Unreal and its name is strictly prohibited. You will have to find something else to do, or simply make it similiar.

Remakes are not allowed. It is against the EULA agreement.

Comment

OK, what name of project can I use?

Comment

Could always use ZZT

Comment

Oh...
          I say again - if somebody interested in this, send a private message to me.

Comment

I'm sorry, but it's not allowed to recreate it in any way in the UDK (unless with a bunch of changes that would probably make it look more like a different game than U1) and you're not allowed to use its name (although it would be really awesome given the fact that the UDK uses the most recent Unreal Engine 3 version which makes everything look 1,000,000 times better than in older versions).
            If it was a (let's say) UT3 mod, it would be all fine because it would stay within its franchise. Then even the name "Unreal" could be used.

I understand where your motivation is coming from, it is really an awesome game.

There is a Russian Unreal remake project for UT3, the user Lord_PorkSword is doing an inspired remake in UT3 (just for fun and to learn more about features within the Unreal Engine 3) just like I am remaking its original levels for UT3 using mostly default UT3 assets, starting with the Vortex Rikers. I plan on working on it until I'm done with the Rrajigar Mines, then I'll probably either hand over the project to someone I trust or continue it, time will tell.

I just started doing that to get a better understanding of Unreal Engine 3.

Here is my "work in progress" thread, actually I started it as a signature collection to convince Epic to remake it, but I guess it was a pointless attempt. I'm still not happy with its visuals, it's a "direct remake", that's why I think it looks a bit empty (walls, floor, etc. lack details), I lack Skaarj monsters (no models in UT3, no monster actors, projectile classes, etc.), weapon models (the model of UT3's Stinger Minigun looks a lot like the original Stinger, I guess with a small perspective and texture change it would look even closer to the original which could save some work), own gametype (with Unreal gameplay like higher jumps, no walldodge, this "slide-dodge" feeling, almost no air control - should be achievable inside the maps - etc.), Unreal pickups (like classic health packs, damage amp, inventories, etc.) and custom damage types.
            It's even possible to give things like the Translator some more "awesomeness", e.g. that the player holds it in his/her left hand when in use and that the text would be displayed on its screen ingame instead of just a HUD-fragment so that there is something new, even though everything has the same mechanics and features.

I just wanted to let you know there is still a bunch of people interested in a remake and some even make one-man-projects like Lord_PorkSword and me to get a better understanding of the "new" features of UE3. Just look at my petition and at the posts, there is still much interest and sometimes they even bump my thread when there are no news for some time. Guess they're afraid that another (maybe promising? I dunno, I'm always sceptical about my work) project fails and nobody gets to see anything ingame.

Apart from that, Lord_PorkSword ("LPS") and I do some "coop" work, means that we share ideas on how to make stuff with default UT3 assets, help each other, etc. and he needs everything I need.

Btw, I only work on it when I have really nothing to do or no ideas for my other projects. Real life and more important stuff keep me busy most of the time but I won't give up on it until I get to the Sacred Passage.

PS: If you have interest in helping LPS and me by contributing those missing actors, we would be very thankful. I hope you have UT3, because that seems the only way for a U1-"HD"-remake in the recent Unreal Engine generation (even though UT3's engine version is a bit lame compared to UDK's version). U-Script and a few features in UDK changed a small little bit as far as I know.
            Just wanted to let you know about what's going on in the UT3 modding scene, maybe all of us can create something, even if not the whole game, but at least some parts of it/the beginning of this masterpiece.
            We can further discuss it via PMs.

Comment

A quick work of advice, if yuo are looking to do 'titanic' work then you are going to need a titanic team of experts. The FPS project Ironbelly Studios is heading up right now is very modest by any definition and with a team of 42 now the progress is still slow. To remake Unreal, or something of that size and complexity would take an even larger team. It's not something I would waste people's time as you can either take this advice now and start with something a lot smaller and more achievable or you can come to this realization after 6 months or hard work just to realize it wuold take yuo the better part of a decade or more to realize what you want to realize

Comment

Thanks men,
                I looked through your posts and I think that it is good that somewhere people are also interested in something like this. Thanks. I spoked with my friend and we agree with you. We will do the mod for UT3. Who are "we"? Now it is only two people...
                Sended the PM to the MacTom27. He didn't asked. I'm waiting all the week. I understand that really needed a big team of modellers, musicians, etc. But can't do this with a team of 2(!) members. That's why I am here. Maybe you will help me... with something. Now it's all in your hands.

Comment

OK...
                  Who wants to connect to creating the mod?

Comment

why is this in the WIP forum? Tone down the scope of your project, something of this scale will never see the light of day from a new indie team.. make the simplest, smallest game yuo can think of and move on from there

Comment

Working...
                    X