(ORION: Prelude) - Dinosaurs flipping jeeps and eating space marines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(ORION: Prelude) - Dinosaurs flipping jeeps and eating space marines

We just finished coming out of a massive internal deadline which we are very proud of. We have compiled some footage of the recent internal pre-alpha multiplayer game build of 'ORION: Prelude' and wanted to share some if it's awesomeness with you.

It is still significantly early in the game's life. The footage here reflects only 24 weeks of development and is still very much a "Pre-Alpha".

That being said, kick back, lift up your feet, grab a drink and enjoy!

DISCLAIMER:
    This video consists of footage taken from a single, one-hour session of the game playing with ONLY bots and A.I Dinosaurs. NOTHING is scripted and is acting out in real time as it will in any 'ORION: Prelude' game match.

looks amazing but the story behind your group/company is sad bro. From what I read and heard you raised $17,000 on kickstarter.com and then fired all employees after all that work. You do realize that you can make more than that if you release this game commercially on steam. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me but that is what I heard.

Comment

and it is sad because this looks better than Halo CE and look where that went "Halo Reach" just saying.

Comment

Example #1: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e?ref=category

Comment

Let me help you with the soundtrack!

Comment

did you read my comments? lol

Comment

looks nice so far

although anims are bit too stiff (I guess those are just WIP/placeholders)

Comment

Really excited to see/play this, with the current state of Turok and with Dino Crisis missing, the gaming community is in dire need of some dinosaurs to shoot. Hope you guys can deliver!

Comment

Originally posted by Phen0mM0dz View Post
                  looks amazing but the story behind your group/company is sad bro. From what I read and heard you raised $17,000 on kickstarter.com and then fired all employees after all that work. You do realize that you can make more than that if you release this game commercially on steam. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me but that is what I heard.

Fortunately, that is incorrect. That was as smear campaign done by a few angry individuals.

A.) I fired 5 people, not an entire team (that doesn't even make sense). They were fired for very serious reasons ranging from attempted theft and blackmail. Got rid of the bad and brought in the good. We now have one of the most incredible development teams.

The people that were fired were NOT paid (except Daniel) and the work they created was removed from the game.

B.) I am unsure why I would take $20,000 for over a decade worth of work. I am also confused as to how I would be paying our current developers. And if I did take it why would we still be posting amazing updates and most importantly, why would I still be here?

Comment

You make a good point and I am glad to hear the truth.

Comment

An updated look at 'Sierra' (formally known as 'Oasis').

Showing off both gameplay and updated technologies:

GAMEPLAY:

TECHNOLOGIES (WORK-IN-PROGRESS):

All work-in-progress, pre-alpha. Enjoy!

Comment

Look REALLY cool

Comment

Working...
                        X