Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

WarShip (Ocean and battlestations)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarShip (Ocean and battlestations)

Hi All

I'm glad to present our little project about WarShips. Please, exuse my English

Project description

MMO-action with elements of RPG, shooter and strategy. To win the battle a team must capture and hold the opponent’s base (a flag), or to kill all opponents. There is no repawn (if killed – you are killed before the end of the battle, you can at that time or watch a fight, or enter into another fighting with other ship). Possible clan duel mode "dock to dock" - if your ship is killed, you can enter in the same battle until it ended with another ship of yours.

Features:
    - Arcade at a high level of realism and visual special effects (as a very high quality simulator)
    - Very high content reuse
    - simulation of the MMO (though really - Multiplayer) due to the lack of separate rooms for the players (the player simply presses "fight," and distributes it to avtobalansed battle with suitable contenders)
    - unique setting (almost)
    - a combination of shooter with a lower dynamics of the battle than in the classic shooter

Screenshorts

Look at http://www.indiedb.com/games/seacraft

Video

Look at http://www.indiedb.com/games/seacraft
    Last one: http://youtu.be/-h795SUTUOc

So

We are looking for critics, maybe ideas and partnership

Thanks,
    UFNA team

Great progress guys! Love it. Watching your video I have to say that your game is great to look at, except for one thing; the boats don't seem to bob with the ocean, it's more like they're on wheels and rolling along a flat surface just below the surface of the water, not a huge game-breaking issue, it's just a little immersion-breaking. Love the ocean shader btw, would like to get a look at how that's put together

Martin.

Comment

wow that looks fantastic - are you using a fluid surface or something with shaders for the ocean?

Comment

Thank, guys!

the boats don't seem to bob with the ocean, it's more like they're on wheels and rolling along a flat surface just below the surface of the water, not a huge game-breaking issue, it's just a little immersion-breaking.
        Yes, it will be fixed in next build - it's one of the gordian knots of this project, but "solved"

are you using a fluid surface or something with shaders for the ocean
        Both of it

Comment

Wow, that looks fantastic. Only glaring issue is the HUD but Im gonna go ahead and guess that those are placeholders

Comment

Need original music?

Comment

just ran up on this... and i agree, it looks fantastic...

i'm also working on a naval sim and after years of frustration, am also considering the UDK...

will be following this with great interest...

Comment

Love the original concept and the visuals look great! Keep up the awesome work.

Comment

Looks good to me, but if im going to be picky i would say, maaaybe will be interesting if u make this thing (on the back-down side of the boat what makes boat to go left n right, not sure about right name for this) to rotate when u going left or right with boat .

Comment

A little video update: http://youtu.be/-h795SUTUOc

Comment

Looks very cool. Great job.

Comment

This looks great. Ships look good, ocean is nice, overall feel and particles everywhere.

Only critique: I'd completely distance yourself from the "MMO" stigma. Since you clearly state it's not in the description, and it's attached to project failure and nutjob hobbiests. It's false advertising.

Comment

Thank you, guys!

Comment

Great project.

Comment

very nice ...
                              how you create sea ??

Comment

Working...
                              X