Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Sci-Fi Scene

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MatiasCastro View Post
    You're interested?
    Lets talk through PM. I do like the samples from your site, it sounds pretty good. We can discuss the style and everything. Also, I need to show you the final video that way you can get a feel for the entire thing. I have already rendered out a bunch of cinematic animation and stuff, but I have to composite it together. Once that's done, we can add your music to the video and we should have something pretty cool.

I'll probably have the video, or at least an initial draft done sometime this week (trying to manage different things right now that are taking some of my time up). When I have that draft video done, I'll show it to you, prob I will post it on Vimeo or somthing. Then you can see it and get a good feel for it. Thanks for offering your talents, looking forward to speaking with you through PM some more.

Comment

Originally posted by jak_carver View Post
      Back with another small, but subtle round of changes to the scene...
      Every pic I look at, I just fall down my chair **** it so stop posting so kic*-as* pics or I'll brake my neck &/or my chair if you continue !

I can tell you that all of what you accomplished so far is visually stunning ! You MUST BE very proud of this work because it look like a tripple "A" title made all by yourself

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
        Every pic I look at, I just fall down my chair **** it so stop posting so kic*-as* pics or I'll brake my neck &/or my chair if you continue !

I can tell you that all of what you accomplished so far is visually stunning ! You MUST BE very proud of this work because it look like a tripple "A" title made all by yourself
        wow, thanks for the comment. I really appreciate that you appreciate my work. I like to push myself further with every piece of work I do, and this portfolio piece was a quite the challenge, as I was trying to get highest quality work possible and as fast as possible, as I need my reel up ASAP as I currently am looking for a new job. I currently am putting it all together into an animation and I'll post the full reel when I'm done; it should be interesting.

Comment

Wow, very nice indeed. Can't wait to see the reel.

Comment

Originally posted by weephun View Post
            Wow, very nice indeed. Can't wait to see the reel.
            Hi weephun,

Thanks for the kind words, means a lot coming from you, really does. If you have a LinkedIn account, would you mind if we connected?

Comment

Hey everyone,

It's been a few weeks since I last posted updates. I was caught up working on some freelance animation work for a new client. I found some time however, and I managed to wrap this project up. This piece is meant more to be part of my new demo reel, but I decided to make a separate video with just this piece, as well as a breakdown. I'm glad to finally be getting it out there and it was a lot of fun to work on. In the end I made one more change, following some critique from a friend, I added realtime reflections to the glass of the windows; it is very subtle as I didn't want mirror reflections that made it difficult to view the background of space outside.

The final video is 1080p and I uploaded it to Vimeo. Enjoy and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I also added some detailed information about the project in the Vimeo description. Here is the link to the video; I suggest watching it in HD, but that's just me

http://vimeo.com/31193419

Thanks to everyone that provided feedback and constructive criticism.

Comment

I'm Commander Shephard* and this is my favorite Mass Effect-inspired UDK scene on this forum.

*actually, I'm not Shephard, but the rest is true.

Comment

Originally posted by merc-ai View Post
                  I'm Commander Shephard* and this is my favorite Mass Effect-inspired UDK scene on this forum.

*actually, I'm not Shephard, but the rest is true.

LMAO, I laughed so hard when I read this- hahaha that's a good one lol

Comment

Fantastic M8! [insert Beer here]

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
                      Fantastic M8! [insert Beer here]
                      Guiness sounds good

Comment

Been a while I didn't check your thread. I must say, the video is absolutely F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !!! Love the music too

A small scene with so much to show, WOW !

I know, you don't know me but just to introduce myself a bit, I'm in the Unreal/UT scene since 1998 as a player/tester, I've played/test & private test hundreds of maps & scene since the years. I started to map for myself in 2009 for UT3 so when I see something like this, I just can be amaze by the amount of work you put into it.

So, after seeing & play I dunno how many project, yours is in my top 10, so this is a very high compliment coming from me

Your video is well made, it demonstrate your skills & I hope you will find something great that fit's you.

THX for taking the time to make this vid, it's a pleasure to my eyes & I'll post it later on at my homepage, a bit of publicity won't hurt

Ciao

Comment

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who gave feedback on my demo reel work. It really helped me improve the reel and show my work in the best light possible, to hopefully, get a chance at a job.

I'm happy to say, that not only was I able to get a chance to get a job, I was able to get a great one after some pretty good offers. This is my first game job and I love it. The people are great, the project is amazing (due to NDA I can't talk about it, but it will be revealed at E3), and the studio is great. I had to move to Los Angeles, but that's alright- it's a great city and people are really nice.

Thanks again for all the great feedback I got from users here in this community, it really did help nail a good demo reel, which directly led to this great career move. If there is anyone out there on the same path, don't worry, there are more game jobs out there than there are people to fill them. All you need is a great reel and lots of passion. Use LinkedIn, it is a great resource, and it is how I found over 4 job offers in only one month. Subscribe to as many groups as you can on LinkedIn, especially game related groups. Sign up for job newsletters from LinkedIn, there are tons of game jobs for people in engineering and in art/animation. Also, companies are craving people who work with and are skilled with the Unreal Engine- being knowledgeable with Unreal can make the difference when finding a good job; it did for me and I'm glad I took the time to learn Unreal.

This community is awesome and so is the Unreal engine!

Comment

NDA prevents you from telling us which studio was lucky enough to grab you?

Comment

Prevents me from talkng about the project, but it is a AAA XBox360/PS3 game for Capcom. Should be announced soon, maybe E3. Capcom has some great games in production right now.

Comment

Resident Evil 6?, Just saw the Trailer and looks pretty good .. was just confirmed haha

Comment

Working...
                                X