Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Survivor:Forgotten World ( Open World Survival RPG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone gets a little low on morale every now and then(and sometimes even burnt out). Just give it all the time you need, alvarofer, then come back. I'm pretty sure you are a valuable member of the team(the lead designer!) that the rest of the team can't do without! Keep going and never give up, but take rest occasionally(take a day off a week for rest of your mind and body). Never give up, My Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by alvarofer0021 View Post
      Only thing i expect is to have respect and Recognition for what i actually did becouse every time i speak about the situation ( mainly when i released the source code ) you pop up and try to once again make me look as bad as possible, I leaved in a peacefull way and i only expect you to treat me properly

Thanks
      I'm actually treating you properly, the only reason why I am here is to show the new update and to make sure people won't think this has been canceled.

Either way it has been an exciting 2 years, I wish you luck toward your future projects.

Comment

Well i feel bad since after all that space in time it was my comment that made it feel like i set off a time bomb, but i am glad that this project is still in progress. Next year ill graduate high school and go to college for game coding so hopefully ill be able to do the stuff you need altho hopefully itll be done by then. Im sorry for your teams losses but you musnt give up this gold idea if this is as amazing as i see it being ill pay some serious money for it! good luck and i hope all conflicts you guys meet will be overcome and make the best **** game of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by jamer125 View Post
          Well i feel bad since after all that space in time it was my comment that made it feel like i set off a time bomb, but i am glad that this project is still in progress. Next year ill graduate high school and go to college for game coding so hopefully ill be able to do the stuff you need altho hopefully itll be done by then. Im sorry for your teams losses but you musnt give up this gold idea if this is as amazing as i see it being ill pay some serious money for it! good luck and i hope all conflicts you guys meet will be overcome and make the best **** game of the year!
          No, don't worry, you didn't set off a time bomb. Thanks for the comment though, it's very appreciated. Good luck pursuing your dream!

Comment

So since you guys are still working on it do you guys have a release date in mind? or any updates maybe? Really want this game soon and to be awesome which i know its probably one or the other

Comment

Originally posted by alvarofer0021 View Post
              calling me a programmer falls completly short
              They fail to understand that a programmer who can do everything is really badass. They don't understand that in bigger studios, there are programmers who only handle AI, or only handle UI, or only character movements and control etc. A single programmer being able to pull all that off on his own is a big deal and not "just a programmer". This is just like a 3D artist who can do character modelling, rigging, animating, VFX and create high-quality environments from scratch, all perfectly well. He will always have much higher value than an artist who can just do props.

I think your biggest mistake, alvarofer, is sticking around with a team who doesn't appreciate your skills (or don't understand what goes into game programming to begin with) for such a long time. You should've left way earlier than that, because believe me and I say it from experience, even if you work with the most talented team, if the work environment is not healthy and hostile, one cannot produce properly in such circumstances and thus suffer from long delays and it is very likely that the whole project gets cancelled.

Every true professional 3D artist I had the pleasure of working with, was humble, very friendly, highly dedicated, listens very well and welcomes criticism from anyone. Those are the folks you want to be surrounded with, otherwise leaving will always be the best choice. Multi-skilled programmers are generally high in demand, so you are better off being paid rather than working for free and live under this unnecessary, brutal pressure and hostility regardless of what potential a project carries.

Comment

Thanks seenoh, and yeah you are pretty right since i leaved i started to work paid in a different team and i can definitly see a much better work environment I can safetly say that criticism is handled very well , every team member is Very friendly and if someting doesnt feel right, let it be combat, an animation or whatever it simply gets modified...rather than going trough an 1+ hour dicussion about it...overall i feel great Its incredible to see a team smoothly working together, i dont have to wait weeks for a single asset to be done so i can test some functionality all the content is pretty much there and i can finally work straight into programming rather than do one or two functions and then be locked for a long period due to lacking a sound, or PS, or character etc

I should have leaved earlier yeah, but i guess i had that bit of "hope" since it was a project i started from the ground myself, but as these things come they have to go too
                I thank you for these kind of words seenoh, Once i leaved and joined this new team i have a completly new perspective

Now, incase it isnt clear im not trying to insult whats left of the old team i grateful with all of them becouse i could learn a lot of Programming,UI Design,Material work etc
                But as its been said it all just went down

Comment

Working...
                X