Umbra Prophecy -Working Title-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbra Prophecy -Working Title-

So I have been hand modeling a huge 4033x4033 landscape which takes the whole playable area, as well as painting it for a good time now. About 3 days now. For a secret RPG. ;P

This is only the middle section

What ya think?

*jaw drops on ground*

that looks really good

3 days?

Comment

amazing

amazing!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the taco ninja View Post
        *jaw drops on ground*

that looks really good

3 days?

Yup so far 3 days of work including today

Comment

**** that looks great

Comment

That is going to take you 2 weeks to finish. But it will be well worth the time and effort. Good job Agent. I wish I had the patience to do that.

Comment

I like where this is heading

Comment

Thanks for taking interest, and yeah i plan on taking a couple weeks on this landscape.

I'll release more info on this once i release the second beta demo :P

Comment

Hmmm... I'm impressed that you're managing to maintain two project both with an impressive scope, but then again I don't expect anything less from you. I guess that really I'm kind failing to see why everyone is so impressed, yes it's wonder and has amazing quality to all of the assets, but all of your work is like that.

Best of luck to you, but given what we've seen form you you'll have to pull out all the stops and go the whole nine yards with this for it to reach the amazingly high bar you've set for one man projects.

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging Comment Hellclown

Just testing the size

Comment

Great work!

I just have a question about the normals... Do you use the terrain layers nodes for normal maps and then you connect them to the Normal input?

Comment

This is what works for me

I name the normalmap layers the same as the diffuse layer as well as spec layer so that they paint at the same time.

Comment

Looking fantastic, Agent! Like the water too, feels a part of the scene already.. Can't wait to see it when you say it's done

Comment

Oh ok you're using spec too. That's cool. Btw, why are you using deriveZ normal ?

Comment

The Agent, why do you have to make me look like an amateur lol jk. Nice work on the landscape. Like everyone here, I like seeing all the work you have done and are waiting to see what you make next. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                              X