No announcement yet.

the old copper factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive had to take a step back while i re-evaluate the validity of the old copper factory in its current state(performance issues and bots not making use of the full map),so for the last month i have been learning the landscape editor and a couple of other features i had not used before.i then moved my gameplay over and this is the result,keeping a very carefull eye on fps rates.only the section after the last checkpoint needs completing,so the game will be released in august.anyway,i hope you enjoy this.

you get one point for every second you are carrying the beacon and loose ten for every second without it.if your score reaches zero,its game over.reach the end before the twenty minutes is up and get a time bonus.

Comment

This thread is a bit old, and i might have already posted on here before but i just want to say that i think the models look rather amazing, so does some of your other work that i have seen on your website, it is all good, keep up the good work and i am hoping that in the future you are going to be realeasing a game!
      -Charlie

Comment

ok,the old copper factory is back and better than ever.the performance issues seem to have sorted themselves out,but im still not sure what was causing framerates to drop below ten.the video shows the arcade version of the game as the story mode still needs loads of work and ive not got a save game system working yet(i use september 2011 UDK so the UDK gem doesnt work)some areas of the map arent as populated as i had intended but i think i remember reading somewhere that UDK will start to bottleneck at around 8000 static meshes(i already have 8500 static meshes-nearly 12000 actors in total)although i cant find that page now so i might be wrong.without fraps running im getting 45-55 fps at full hd but im still trying to improve that for slower computers with streaming the interiors as you get close to a particular building but it doesnt seem to have improved it that much yet.
        im still using the mixamo soldier as my main charater,but all the other characters are my own and as my character modelling skills improve i will ditch the mixamo soldier for my own mesh.some of the things ive got working correctly since the last video are footstep sounds,gibs and bloodspatter effects.also the enemy now react better to being hit,although its not fully implemented in all characters yet.
        i hope you enjoy the video.

Comment

Nice! The environment reminds me of Stalker. Vehicle and weapon variety looks good too.

Comment

stalker was a great game.im honoured.

Comment

Working...
            X