Harbinger: Skeleton Crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbinger: Skeleton Crew

Hi everyone. I am working on a project for iOS and using KickStarter in an attempt to get it going. This will be a solo effort (with some occasional help on the scripting side). I will be posting some updates here as work is ready.

The project link is here:
    http://kck.st/mDiYOg

Thanks for looking and please share the link! I need all the help I can get.

- Ellery

are you looking for volunteers or paid positions?

Comment

Just looking for help spreading the word right now. Might need help later on... I'll post when I do

Thanks for looking!

-Ellery

Comment

What would the 6,500$ go towards? I'm just curious.

Comment

I need a little more equipment (hardware & software) and then mostly so that I can take time from other projects to get the game going. After paying the fees and buying the gifts it is less than $5000 actually.

edit:
          Just checked your project, Bizango Blast looks like fun!

Comment

I hope it works out for you, I too am on shoe string budget but thankfully the place I'm interning at lets me use the equipment for my project.

How long do you think your project will take you? My project is taking longer than I expected even though I was a head of my plan in begining. The UDK has a lot of surprises!

Bizango Blast is almost done but the graphics have changed since the video, it's more cartoony and much brighter. I hope to do a new vid soon but must finish game....

Comment

Quick sketch (3D) of a new helmet design... may be a little bulky... any thoughts?

Bridge concepts are coming up!
              Attached Files

Comment

The helmet looks nice, but the specular map doesn't seem to reveal the normal map's details. Almost looks like it was kind of beat up and then laminated. The details could be noticed easier if they popped out in the specular a little, evenly just slightly more subtly. Looking great, though.

Considering this is a commercial project, you might check into receiving investments. This proposal was sincere enough, and I think that if you can show others its commercial potential you could be rolling in money. Getting the money is a completely separate skill, though...

Comment

Originally posted by esconnell View Post
                  Just looking for help spreading the word right now. Might need help later on... I'll post when I do

Thanks for looking!

-Ellery
                  Spreading the word...

Comment

@ Tom - Ya materials are sketchy on that one at best I have some better materials already created but they are on my other machine. I am transferring most of the work for this project to my PC so I don't have to hop around to get into engine (had been working mostly on my Mac laptop). As far as investments, I have considered it but I really am not sure how to go about it lol... it is definitely a different skill set. I am mostly hoping that the first game will open up opportunities for that kind of thing with subsequent pieces of the game

@ Hellcrown - Thanks man! In your sig no less! I really appreciate the support.

I am currently jumping around on pieces and will have some work on the bridge up next... stay tuned.

- Ellery

Comment

Originally posted by esconnell View Post
                      @ Hellcrown - Thanks man! In your sig no less! I really appreciate the support.
                      I'm just spreading the good word about Jesu-... Harbinger.

Comment

Working...
                      X