Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(NSFW) Demons: REBOOTED. (24-2-14: Generals keep marching!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(NSFW) Demons: REBOOTED. (24-2-14: Generals keep marching!)

THREAD REBOOT TIME.

I've decided to go with a theme, in order to help streamline the work and to add a bit of style to the overall project. The goal? to have an assortment of models and environments suitable for portfolio centerpieces. The theme is based off of a now cancelled/shelved project centered around demons, hell, and the brutal society thereof.

"A strange, archaic assembly of the most unfair, rotten creatures awaited me, clubs and stones in their hands.
    Their blood red eyes shining brightly through the yellow sulfur mist that stung my throat.
    Pain, bondage and despair dancing through my mind as I feared the fate to come.
    As they drew closer, guttural barking belched from skull-like faces, anticipating the fresh stranger that was I.
    They put their wretched, calloused claws on my shoulders, yet they did not harm me.
    Rather they welcomed me, welcomed me home."

The 'Demons' Project is all about making a palpable society from the archetypal "hell" that has enriched the christian mythology for centuries. Race, class, war and economy are all part of this hellish universe. The biggest part of this project is realizing the various races/classes of the demonic society. These creatures act on the economy of birthright: much like a caste system. There are many races of demon, however three majority races dominate the commons.

I've decided to re-oreint thr project towards more 'famous' and unique demons: The seven Generals:

The Seven Generals
    There are many who control the various parts of the machine-like government that exists in Hell. Some are great warriors, Some are unequalled intellectuals, Some are undeniable politicians. Of the many who keep the process rolling, there are seven favourites among The Lord known as The Seven Generals. Each General represents a cardinal sin: Wrath, Pride, Greed, Gluttony, Lust, Envy, and Sloth. The Seven Generals are not the most important governmental figures, nor are they the most popular (even among each other), but they have been chosen by The Lord to sit in the inner circle of leadership. The term 'General' is merely a show title; their tasks and intentions are often those of a secret society. These seven demons control much more than what their 'known' titles would indicate. They all have won favour with The Lord in one way or another, but the seat of one of The Seven Generals is not permanent: they must continually earn the respect of Dieasel Gut, The Lord, or else they may be given a violent dismissal.

Korandas Kurr: The Military General of Wrath.
    A fierce military leader known to the demon people simply as 'Kurr'. His name strikes fear in his enemies and reverence in those who stand behind him. His passion for war and intimidating figure have earned him a long list of bloody victories. Kurr serves as the military ambassador for The Lord, helping to keep the rowdy demonic armies faithful to the cause. If there are rumours of a disobedient or rebellious demon among the ranks of The Lord's soldiers, Kurr is the one who makes him disappear.
    Description: Kurr is a massive, four-armed demon with three prominent skull horns forming a steep 'V' from his brow. He stands shoulder to shoulder with an average Najno, but carries nearly three times the weight due to his musculature.

Draggard Kestrel The Celebrity General of Pride.
    A gladiator and hunter who has undeniable rapport with all castes of the demonic people: Kestrel lives a public life as a champion of many regional fighting arenas. In more civilised communities, Kestrel participates in organised hunts, often giving him the opportunity to spread his charm among the higher society. His debonair, diplomatic demeanour are tools used by The Lord to influence the minds of the lower castes and keep a finger on the pulse of the noble races. In the arena, on the hunt, or on the streets: nothing seems to sway the calm, collected attitude of Draggard Kestrel.
    Description: Draggard Kestrel is a centaur-like four-legged demon with only two, short skull horns forming a vase-shaped head-on silhouette. He stands several heads taller than the average Stai demon, and has sharp, knife-like protrusions jutting out in single-file from the small of his back down his spine to his horse-like flank.

Kreed The Wealthy General of Greed.
    Little is known about how Kreed amassed his vast wealth, but nearly everyone knows of it's total influence. Kreed has a significant share in any lucrative venture in the Demonic economy; his endorsement is seen as a sign of The Lord's favour. His vast fortune is also used as a weapon, any organised group who poses a threat to The Lord's efforts may find their associates and partners receiving sabotage-inducing bribes or tempting counter-offers from unknown sources. Kreed is rumoured to have over 1000 cows within over a dozen temples.
    Description Kreed is a member of the ancient dragon-like Najnikoro race of demons. His serpent-like form has three sets of legs, a massive span of bat-like wings and a heavy, armoured tail. His traditional skull-like face has three skull horns, one central jutting forward and two curling like those of a ram from the sides.

Nut'Klu The Political General of Gluttony.
    There are two things Nut'Klu knows better than any other demon; Politics and Food. Through his various political dealings, Nut'Klu has earned influence over many of the demonic regions. When he is not behind a podium, he is at the table: ready to enjoy a new recipe prepared by his army of chefs and culinary slaves. Able to win any argument, able to twist any story: Nut'Klu is a great political tactician and advisor among The Seven Generals. His hospitality and regular celebratory feasts has helped him become the only member of The Seven Generals universally approved of by all other members.
    Description: Nut'Klu stands to a Najno's shoulder and is nearly as round as he is tall. His two, stout skull horns blend in with the thorn-like callouses running down his back and shoulders. His disproportionately large hands compliment his short, stumpy legs and wide hooves.

Shela Sei The Mysterious General of Envy.
    Not much can be said about Shela Sei: He rarely speaks, he is no taller than a Juniq and his body is frail and unstable. His seldom-heard words are spoken in your mind as if you yourself are thinking them, like they have no point of origin. What he lacks in presence, he makes up for in raw intellect and mysterious powers. An uneasy fear surrounds him wherever he goes, and whenever danger arises near Shela Sei, he disappears into the shadows as if he were never there. You cannot find Shela Sei, he finds you.
    Description Shela Sei is a small, spindly demon with dark mahogany skin. His two small skull horns start flowing backward, only to curve upward as if listening for something. His face is distinctive in its noticeable lack of a mouth or nose: Shela Sei only has eyes, all the better to see you with.

Tellon Dieasel Gut'o The Unbound General of Lust.
    Tellon Dieasel Gut'o literally translates to “What is The Lord's”. Tellon is a demoncow, A female demon, who serves as the favoured concubine of Dieasel Gut. Tellon is the only cow known to escape the shackles of her birthright and take a position of power. She is also one of a handful of demons who used to be human, undergoing a ritual soul sacrifice to be born again as a survivor of damnation. Tellon has great influence over Dieasel Gut, and uses her ability to tempt as the fuel for her climb to power. She is faithful to The Lord, and any demon who touches her in any way is sentenced to death. When Tellon Dieasel Gut'o is not pleasing The Lord, she resides in a fortified temple surrounded by castrated Najno Praetorians.
    Description Tellon Dieasel Gut'o is a prized demoncow with a small set of bat-like wings and an array of ten short skull horns swooping back from the top of her head down to the base of her neck. Her face offers a rare glimpse into an unbound cow's eyes, solid white without pupil.

Stone Baron The Guardian General of Sloth.
    What was once erected as a giant, mountain-sized statue of the ancient Dieasel Tun (a retroactive title meaning 'False Lord'), the Stone Baron is now an honorary member of The Seven Generals. Though most of the Generals scoff at the idea of sharing their majesty with a giant statue, Dieasel Gut insists that the archaic idol be included among the circle. What is more curious is the fact that Dieasel Tun (the subject of the massive sculpture) was overthrown and killed by Dieasel Gut. Maybe the pure majesty of the form inspires The Lord, or maybe it stands as a giant warning to all demons who may doubt the prowess of Dieasel Gut. What is known is that the only member of The Seven Generals who does not protest the Baron's inclusion is Shela Sei.
    Description The Stone Baron is carved into the side of a small mountain. The form is of a placid Najno demon sitting down on its rocky throne, slumped to one side with the weight of its massive head resting on it's closed fist. Its legs outstretched and eyes closed. Some demons like to say every couple of years they can see it's stony eyes open very briefly to reveal glowing red rock, but no respectable demon has confirmed this.

The original thread is as follows:

"These strange, stout beings seemed almost afraid of me.
    I stood several hands taller than most of them, I myself a miniature compared to the larger beasts.
    I can only imagine how such small, timid creatures could survive within the brutal society.
    Yet, they thrive"

The Juniq: These small demons are the lowest of the castes. Their name, 'juniq' literally mans 'underfoot' in their common language.
    Juniq perform unskilled, often disgraceful tasks. These demons are roughly the size of an older child, with their horns rising to the shoulder of an average man.
    Their skull structure is more human-like, with between two-four short skull horns.
    These creatures would much rather run than fight, and are often subject to abuse from the higher races.

"I could try to describe these man-sized demons, but any description would only narrow their potential.
    Of all the beings I saw, these were the most varied, the most drastically adapted to the various environments.
    Some of members of this caste even earn what could be called respect among the noble races.
    I, for one, feared them over any other."

The Stai: The most versatile of the demonic races, Stai are tasked with any role that is above the disgraceful Juniq, but below the proud and mighty Najno leadership.
    Unlike Juniq, the Stai are allowed to take on combat roles, which help raise their overall rapport with the higher races.
    Often times Najno commanders in the battlefield will surround themselves with strong, skilled Stai bodyguards.
    The proud leaders call them 'jesters' or 'entertainment', as admitting the need for protection is considered to be lowly.

"Tall and mighty, he stared at me; contemplating my form.
    From his massive head protruded five twisted horns long enough to skewer a man.
    If I could stand on my own shoulders, I would still be unable to look him in the eye.
    A statue of raw power and discipline."

The Najno: The massive, brutal high-class of the demonic void. These rhinoceros sized beasts fill in leadership roles in society and the battlefield.
    Though there are a select few races above them, the Najno are the face and brutal fist of demon government.
    They have no limit to what property the can own, they have no rules governing their speech.
    If a Najno asks you something, answer quickly and don't ask questions in return.

"I had witnessed the brutality of their ways to some extent before I was shown them.
    The proud creature opened the door to a stone dungeon, as if to display something impressive.
    Within this prison were his many women: chained, shackled and bruised, one of them hanging in the air by her wrists and ankles.
    I feigned jealous approval, but truly I was disturbed."

The Cows: Demon Cows do not belong to a 'caste' as such, but rather they are property to be sold, traded and used. A demon's gender is part of their race.
    There are no female 'versions' of the caste races, rather females are universal, and give birth to either a child genetically similar (though not identical) to the father, or one similar to the mother. Cows are roughly the size of a woman, and resemble humans more so than any other demon (there is a reason for this, please read the FAQ I'll post below).
    They live their entire life in bondage, often neglected and abused. A Cow is blindfolded from birth and placed in chains and sold as soon as she is of breeding age.

"Their society resembled that of medieval times, so unjust and worthless.
    Yet I could not imagine these creatures living in a society as pure as our own.
    We human-folk are rid of these issues of gender, race and oppression
    These Demons are so different to us.
    They are so different."

I hope you enjoyed this brief look into my project. I will continue to post work logs on my progress with the portfolio as well as insights, and answers to some of your questions.

FAQ (or simply WTF?) 1.1!

#1. Why are your demons nude?: Alright lets deal with the elephant in the living room: My demons are naked. They wear no armor, clothing or even ornaments. There are several reasons for this within the fiction, but I have a better answer for you: Hell is an intimidating place, it is meant to inspire the deepest fears and despair. Human beings in all cultures, tribes, cults or hunter-gatherer-familial units wear some kind of clothing. Why? because something inside our mind tells us this piece of cloth, leather, bone or mud makes us different to the animals, makes us unique against other people and makes us somehow protected against our primal selves. Everyone has an innate fear of being naked in front of 'the public' (some of us can learn to ignore it, or subdue it, but it is still there). When we see these human-like creatures completely nude, without so much as a loincloth, it fires up that instinctive fear we have. Fear was one of the primary goals of the original project, thus it has carried over to this one.

#2 What are you planning to ACTUALLY do?: I plan to make professional-level assets including one member of every demonic race, as well as an environment or two to show them off within.

#3 Why do the demon's females (Cows) look like human females: This is not explained in the fiction and for good reason. The Cows are meant to inspire sorrow, loneliness and compassion; unfortunately being the type of people we are, we find it difficult to feel compassion for something ugly. It is possible and happens all the time, but let us not forget that at the animal sanctuaries: the ugly dogs get rescued last. The second reason is that the original project was meant to confuse the player, and often times sexual confusion is a great way to pull a fast-one in a story. Movies like 'Species' and 'Alien' use sex as a invoker of fear and confusion, and it really works. Sex is a confusing thing, physiologically; just read some of the works by Sigmund Freud.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to give me a shout and if the question is good, I'll try to include it in the FAQ.

WORK LOG

Korandas Kurr in engine: not animated yet, but still quite imposing.

[shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/kurringame3EGF.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/kurringame1EGF.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/kurringame2.jpg[/shot]

Tellon Dieaselgut'o is in the engine: also not animated but nonetheless seductive.

[shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/tellon9EGF.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/tellon8EGF.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/tellon7EGF.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/tellon6EGF.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Great read. Enjoyed every word of it. Hope to see more from this project.

Comment

Great story so far, much better than I'm used to on these forums, I would actually love to see this as a game.

Comment

Very interesting.
          As long as there is access to a .44 in case the have a hard-on, its all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Archerx View Post
            Great story so far, much better than I'm used to on these forums, I would actually love to see this as a game.
            Like I mentioned earlier, this fiction is but a small piece of a much, much larger project, shelved for later development. There is a lot I wish I could properly show everyone, however I think the Demons project 'as-is' will be a lot of fun not only for me, but the indie community as a whole.

Comment

Hi, great work! I loved the story and art!

Just one thing I might say, I think those demons fail in inspiring fear, yet they seems kinda "cute" in their own way.
              Not that they would not make someone cry in fear if they appeared, but it's kinda like a panther. If you see a picture of a panther you might not be feared, but seeing one up close will surely make you pee on your pants.

I think more vivid colors could inspire more fear, also things like holes in the skin which you can see the muscles and meat inside are a nice thing

Well, but maybe I don't really know what I'm talking about, if it's put on a game it can be a totally different story.

Good luck!

Comment

I would totally play that game... and not just for the boobies.
                The big demon looks cool and the story is really neat.
                Really nice model, I hope to get that good at modeling.

Comment

Sounds cool Brother

Comment

good job and have luck with your project
                    Robert

Comment

rainbow star girl likes this

Comment

[shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/MayaHard1.jpg[/shot]
                        [shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/MayaHard2.jpg[/shot]
                        [shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/MayaHard3.jpg[/shot]

Got the normals rendered onto a low-res mesh, NEARLY ready for in-engine testing.

-----------------------------------------

Edit:

[shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/MayaHard4.jpg[/shot]

Now, with colour!

Comment

[shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/Obey.jpg[/shot]

Strike a pose!

Comment

[shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/NajPoint1.jpg[/shot]
                            [shot]https://sites.google.com/site/kazeohin/home/NajPoint2.jpg[/shot]

Najno in-engine

Comment

If you did the matinee right you could make it sort of an in-engine animatic. Does that make snese?

Comment

Working...
                              X