Need people to help work on an FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need people to help work on an FPS

Hi all! After looking for several months, I have finally found a game engine which suits my needs. That's UDK. I plan on making a Blockbuster, but I'll need a team of people to help. Heres some info about the game:

Type: FPS
    Genre: War/Survival horror
    Idea: A zombie game that starts off as a war game
    Title: Biological Warfare

Summary: There's a war between Russia and America. Russia decides to use a form of Biological Warfare which turns people into 28 days later-esque zombies. They coat their bullets in the disease, and have at the Americans. This of course is a bad idea. Between friendly-fire incidents and the American zombies attacking them, Russia becomes zombie infested in a matter of days. Now a group of 5 soldiers, two of them Russian, three American, and two foreign exchange students from America must escape with their lives.

Gameplay: Cinematic with strong animations, hopefully better than Call of Duty.

Graphics: Let's try to push the boundaries of this engine's graphical capabilities.

Positions needed: Animators; 3D Model designers; Coders; Storyline writers; Etc.

PM me, or post in the thread. Anyone who helps will, of course, get a portion of the profits. I plan on selling the game for 10 dollars a copy.

Edit:

Main concept of the game: Take the player THROUGH the whole experience, starting out as a war game, then having the Russians use the disease, at which point you have danger from all over. I think this has never been done before, so lets be the first!

I'm sorry but.. your idea is basically the same concept as Left4dead but more of a prequel seeing as you begin fighting soldiers. I'm sorry to say but FPS+Zombies has been done, way too many times now. There have even been patch updates releasing zombie mods for COD. Also, according to a not so recent post, you are doing a royalty deal, not paid. I'm sorry for stating my opinion, but you have nothing original happening, just another innovative attempt which might sell because of the zombie hype happening. What you DO have is a great dramatic storyline ahead of you, which if used accordingly, will become the next big hype. Goodluck.

Comment

So basically you're saying that Doom and Halo are the same thing because they're both FPS where you fight Aliens? Either way, thanks for the tip on Royalties, I'll change that accordingly.

Comment

By the sound of your ambitions you sound like an expert, what parts do you do in the team and how long do you think it takes to finish your highend graphics massive blockbuster super game?

Comment

Originally posted by Vembumees View Post
          By the sound of your ambitions you sound like an expert, what parts do you do in the team and how long do you think it takes to finish your highend graphics massive blockbuster super game?

I'm new to UDK, but I've done some work with Unity, Flash, and Blender. I plan on Storyboarding, animating, level design, and being the project director. I'd say the game would be released around November 2013, that's two and a half years. Of course, depending on the team size, it could be anywhere from there to 2016. I'd say two years at the VERY least.

Comment

I'd say two years at the VERY least.
            Two years for an indie game? Two years for an indie game which is Royalty based? Not to be a *****, but do you expect your team to feed of air? Or is that two years where everyone is working part time less then 20hrs a week on this out of their passion for games?

Comment

Got to agree with Rogacz here, from the sounds of it your wanting to make an indie game that rivals the likes of CoD etc, which are multi-million dollar games in development for years. I'm not going to say it's not possible but.. yeah you'd need a very strong team of seriously determined individuals. The hundreds of work hours a game like that would require, you're asking an awful lot from people only working for (possible) royalties.

On a critical note I think the core concept might need some looking at. I'm a massive zombie fan and despite the current splurge of zombie-based games, I still see no problem with new ones being made with fresh ideas. That being said, we all know people can do some stupid things during wartime, but coating your bullets in a toxin that you know turns them into zombies.. then firing these bullets at your enemy? I seriously doubt even the maddest of Russians would ever think that's a good idea! :P

It'd probably make a little more sense if the infection was a (very) unexpected result of some fancy new chemical bomb- like a nuke designed to kill off the populous, rather than flatten the entire area. Not the most original idea but hey, it's been years since I've seen a single original zombie concept.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteHyena View Post
                Got to agree with Rogacz here, from the sounds of it your wanting to make an indie game that rivals the likes of CoD etc, which are multi-million dollar games in development for years. I'm not going to say it's not possible but.. yeah you'd need a very strong team of seriously determined individuals. The hundreds of work hours a game like that would require, you're asking an awful lot from people only working for (possible) royalties.

On a critical note I think the core concept might need some looking at. I'm a massive zombie fan and despite the current splurge of zombie-based games, I still see no problem with new ones being made with fresh ideas. That being said, we all know people can do some stupid things during wartime, but coating your bullets in a toxin that you know turns them into zombies.. then firing these bullets at your enemy? I seriously doubt even the maddest of Russians would ever think that's a good idea! :P

It'd probably make a little more sense if the infection was a (very) unexpected result of some fancy new chemical bomb- like a nuke designed to kill off the populous, rather than flatten the entire area. Not the most original idea but hey, it's been years since I've seen a single original zombie concept.

Thank you! I couldn't think of the word, but it's **Toxin**

Thanks. And people have done idiotic things during wartime.

Comment

Ehm, you posted the request in the Wrong forum section.

Comment

Working...
                  X