Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 new screenshots of my Mont-Saint-Michel map project

UPDATED WITH NEW SCREENSHOTS

Yeah i posted a topic a while ago with some started screen shots of my project and got allot of feedback about things that were not good about it, such as simple 3d models and other things that were just not good.

Since then ive been working on my map allot and i really made some proggres.
    I will now show u 3 screen shots of a long street in my map but remember, this isn't completed yet!

Feedback is welcome, i rather have u tell the truth then saying nothing at all so go ahead and tell me what u think and what i could change.
    UPDATE, FOR NEW PICS SCROLL DOWN!
    UPDATE, SECOND PAGE

Old

For this one, this is not part of the first 2 screen shots, this is one level up and it's a small Church which will be better looking when i update some models.

Yes, add me to the Email list and KEEP ME UPDATED, this looks really good!!

Comment

You know what would be cool? Going with the whole gothic-ish theme I'm detecting from the photos, make it into an open world Van-Helsing-like game. That would be AMAZING. Contact me about me designing a storyline for this, if you go with that theme.

Comment

Hello? Anything?

Comment

You seem to be using too much bsp from the looks of it. Try using staticmeshes for most of the buildings.

Comment

And try to get rid of the tiling look (use decals, mesh paint tool). Otherwise really nice.

Comment

Too much BSP / flat surfaces. However, you've really done well at setting the mood.

Comment

Hey guys, it's been a while since i last checked this thread and i have made allot of progress.
                My map is near completion, most stuff is placed and done now it's ready for the polishing of the map.

Just some quick notes
                - I will put up some new screenshots of the map when i get home!
                - The buildings are not made out of bsp, not one of them is + i re done some models to make em look better and more detailed.
                - bsp is used, mainly for the ground pieces together with terrain.
                Some places seem to have visible tilling, i have modified textures to remove most of it but there is still some ugly tiling.

UPDATE (These are still older pictures, i will post current pictures when i get home, this is all i got for now!

Comment

I like it but that bench looks like it would be really really uncomfortable

Comment

Oh wow, those are looking great!

Comment

Update-Pictures of current version (need polishing)

Comment

Comment

I'm sorry to say this (so don't take it the wrong way), this looks great if it were an Unreal Tournament 2004 (UE2(.5)) map, but it really doesn't use the power of UE3. As was mentioned above here, there still is too much BSP used which makes it look 'ugly' for an UE3 map. The layout of the maps looks great, but really try to replace a lot of buildings/stuff with staticmeshes and up the detail..

Comment

I have to agree. The layout looks great, yet detailed meshes would look better than BSP. It looks too blocky. Take a look at some assassins creed environments and see how the buildings are composed to see how you can use meshes rather than bsp.

-Mr. Illusive

Comment

The bsb makes it look like a source mod/map.

Doesn't look bad but it could look better.

Comment

Working...
                              X