Wardog Gaming: Zombie Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wardog Gaming: Zombie Game

I will be uploading images of the current concept art and 3D models currently completed for the game.

Please refrain from posting work propositions on this thread, post those on the thread I set up earlier about seeking talent.

I would like only comments posted here about the work completed so far.

Thank you and I hope you like what we have created so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zombie_male_turnaround.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	3248456

Name:	Zombie_female_turnaround.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	3248457

Name:	Zombie_Guard_finish.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	3248458

These concept art images were created by Laurence Smith aka soundlust.

These characters will be the main enemies the player will face on the Prison Map.

These characters' main classifications are called Ghouls.

There are other variants associated with the Ghoul class.

Comment

Name:	impaler-final4072.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	3248459

This concept art image was created by Marvin Cruz aka Pangahas.

This character will be one of the enemies the player will face on the Prison Map.

This character's main classification is called Impaler.

The Impaler class is made up of only females.

The Impaler gets her name from the attacks she implements in battle.

When she spots an enemy, she throws her arms back and charges her enemies. When she reaches her enemy she slashes her arms forward making a X like slash attack. This sends an enemy flying back wards onto the ground. Once she has put an enemy on the ground, she will jump into the air and thrust one of her bone-arm blades into the torso of her downed enemy. She also performs a strong forward thrust at her enemies if they are close to her.

Comment

Name:	weaponshopeoff.jpg
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	3248460

This picture shows the machine when the power is off.

Name:	weaponshop.jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	3248461

This picture shows the machine when the power is on.

This machine is called the Weapon Shop. It is where the player will be able to purchase weapons in-game during the Zombie survival mode.

Both of these models were created by Matt Dirks aka mattrdirks. Matt came up with the girl with the rifle and the bond themed barrel on the side.

Each image represents a category. If the player selects the Desert Eagle picture, then he/she will be given a list of Handguns currently unlocked for the player to use. After making a selection, the weapon will be dropped out of the bin on the bottom.

Hopefully, after we get a good programmer, we can set it up where the icon and selections will be randomized at the start of the game. This way the player doesn't know which weapons will be available in his/her starting area.

Comment

Name:	BioEnhancer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	3248462

This machine is called the Bio-Enhancer. It is where the player will be able to purchase enhancements to help him/her survive longer and better complete objectives in the Zombie survival mode. Each enhancer has 3 levels.

This model was created by Matt Dirks aka mattrdirks. Matt came up with the cartoon syringe on the side and the wipe off sign.

Each image represents a different type of bio-enhancer.

The Medical Insignia represents: Regeneration.

Regeneration: This allows the player to revive allies faster and if player solo, allows the player revive him/herself. Level 3 adds the bonus ability to revive allies by shooting or striking them.

The Muscular Arm represents: Strength.

Strength: This allows the player to jump higher, hit harder with melee weapons effectively causing more damage, and also allows the player to sprint for longer periods of time.

The Man Running represents: Speed.

Speed: This allows the player to run and walk faster, reload firearms faster, and make power-ups activate faster.

The Bulletproof Vest represents: Endurance.

Endurance: This increases a player's Armor and Health Hit-Points and causing level defense turrets to no longer cause damage. Level 3 also causes the player to project a small field off effect that causes all allies without this enhancer within a certain amount of area to gain the same effects as the player with the enhancer but only at either 50% or 75% strength. Once a player gains the effects, the will no longer receive any bonus effect from the area effect.

Comment

the impaler reminds me of "the suffering"

Comment

Originally posted by phantom1992 View Post
              Is that a game or a game character?

Comment

I looked it up and it does bear a likeness to one of their creatures.

I never played the game though. I think I may have seen it a time or two when I was renting games back in the day at Movie Gallery, but never played it.

I imagine it was a pretty good game in it's day.

Though the overall look of the character may change as time goes on.

My original idea of the character was to have her blades function like Barraka's do on Mortal Kombat except she wouldn't have any hands. The blades would sheathe and unsheathe themselves inside her upper arm area.

My second idea was to have her arms fold to the under side of her upper arm while she is not aggressive and then flip out when she sees an enemy.

One of these ideas or a new one may come out through the development of the game.

Comment

The character concepts all have generic silhouettes (all regular people in jumpsuits). Even the impaler character is a generic, bald woman in a jump suit with those spikes for hands the same proportion as regular arms. It will be difficult to distinguish them during gameplay. It would be worth exaggerating a few things, and really distorting the zombie shapes for more distinguishable character types. Scale the concepts down to the size of a stamp, give them unique, recognizable shapes, zoom back in and detail

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                    It will be difficult to distinguish them during Gameplay.
                    That was kind of my original intention for a lot of the characters. Some you'll be able to distinguish by how they move in game. Some by how they look, IE: a guard in heavy riot gear you will know to be a specific class.

Some characters will be vastly different, but the main thing is that their transformations didn't cause a great deal of mutations, at least not yet. They may mutate further near the end of the game or in future games.

I kind of liked the idea of being surprised to be facing a certain enemy type that I didn't see coming a mile away.

IE: Left 4 Dead: sound occurs and cue the Tank or the Horde or the Hunter or you know that somewhere there is a witch.

In my game some of these characters may not make a sound and you may turn a corner and there it is. Some you will hear like for instance their chains rattling and then you start looking around to see them and then they may jump out at you.

I wanted the player to have that sense of dread the majority of the time they play. That element of style that keeps the player on the edge of their seat and their heart racing.

But you will be able to take out enemies before they spot you if you are smart about your movements and game style.

You're right that they shouldn't be all the same, but I think once I have a small demo ready you may like the concept.

Comment

IE: Left 4 Dead: sound occurs and cue the Tank or the Horde or the Hunter or you know that somewhere there is a witch.
                      I actually turned that volume off, way better IMO

The suffering was ok back in the day, very creepy.

Do you have any ingame screenshots?

Comment

Do you have any ingame screenshots?
                        The only things that are completed is what has already been shown. Beside the game elements, ideas, and plans that I have in my game doc. I spent from April 2010 to just after April 2011 working on the doc to get the basic elements, story plot, characters, all weapons/equipment, Perks, Machines, and Power-Ups for the game decided.

I just started hiring out work assignments for concept art and 3D modeling.

But as soon as I have in-game screen shots of Gameplay and videos on you-tube, I will post them on this thread.

I thought we were doing pretty good, since I'm the only one paying for anything and I only started hiring people to do commission work at the beginning of May.

Comment

Also, when talking about not being able to distinguish between class types:

If you watch movies like "Land of the Dead", you have zombies with melee weapons, a zombie with a rifle, and zombies with no weapons. I really liked that idea of a group of zombies coming at the player and the player can only make out a few of them as serious threats.

One thing I want to see in my game is for the player to be able to shoot or cut the arm off of a zombie who is utilizing a melee weapon or a firearm.

For those wondering, the zombies will suck very badly at shooting firearms, but are fairly skilled at melee weapons if the player is stupid enough to close to them. They may accidentally shoot the player and the damage will be pretty good, so it's a good idea to remove their type of threat at long distance.

IE: Shoot the hand holding the firearm or the melee weapon.

Another thing I will have is a perk that will allow the player to walk up behind an enemy whether it be another player or a zombie and perform a stealth kill. EX: slit the enemy's throat or stab their heart or whatever.

Comment

But the main thing I wanted for my game is for the player to have a lot of freedom in how they go about zombie slaying and other things.

By the end of the development, I would like the player to have the ability to edit portions of the map. Such as: add an electric fence or create a trench filled with spikes or electrified water, or whatever.

Comment

the game looks interesting

off topic
                              why arnt u editing post instead of making new ones?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X