Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PluviA (successor of Minecraft and Tetris with PhysX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about this shading for the metal and rock materials ? It casts some darkness for the surfaces which are visible badly. I have never saw any shader like this in some other games though. But it really helps to define the borders and the sizes of the buildings !

Comment

Cool, congratulations. Keep that up.

Comment

Is it really needed ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarro View Post
          And, finally, the Earth on current stage:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xLmdnehGnE

Please be free to comment and to dislike the videos
          no need to dislike this.

looking great so far, and also quite huge. can't wait to see the last part painted.

Comment

Thanks,
            though you may laugh because the Africa and the Eurasia are just the textures for now

Comment

fast-modelled wolf:
              (I'll try to put AI into the wolf at first)

The Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Jarro View Post
                As you see, the project will be... *khe-khe*... unusual at least.. That is my first skeletal model so dont pick up on me

I made a cubic head because it is simply to texture, fine to look from real first person and just original

Texture is just for test. Some things about living in that strange world of falling shapes:
                1. You need Water - Drink it or make some bottle and place it on the ground - if the water-rain comes the bottle will be full of water and will be ready to drink..
                2. You need Energy - not a block. when you are sprinting and grabbing blocks too much (or another activity) you need to restore your energy by sleeping.
                3. You need Food - you can hunt birds (I'm planning to make about 5 different birds) or you can grab some fruits and vegetables from the vegetation. (or you can make a fishing rod and catch some pretty gold fish )
                4. Health - if you haven't something as I wrote enough you will loose your health. It can be restored by time or by fruits and hand-made medicaments.
                dont worry about your model i looks really awsome for a first try evrything takes time especialy modeling, it can be hard to learn and master .
                Greate idea about your game, ill gladly try it out then its done

Comment

i must say thats a really awsome project you have going with at lot of cool features, i look though all the videos and im really amazed on how the game works but i got some questions for you
                  - how the hell did you make the map so big ????
                  - Dynamic clouth and weather, how dow that work, were did you find that ?
                  - will you make a tutorial on all this ?

the reason why i ask i because that i tryed to find all these ansers on my own but with no luck
                  hope you will be so cind to anser some of them

best of luck with your game, Bet staem gladly will publis it, then it is done

Comment

Oh thank you really much

I will finish this map by putting 8 landscape chunks here (3 of them are currently finished). The maximum size of maps on UE3 is really limited. You can check it, just move your camera of Perspective Mode in one direction until it will stop. Though, this size is more than needed. My map is using 1/2 of XY plane of the maximum. Nothing lags at these dimensions, except CSG
                    The clouds are made ofInstance Time Varying materials, matinee changes some realtime parameters there and clouds are being changed too during the play. Next time I will try to bind some Matinee animations with UTScript. There is much of tutorials describing the Day/Night cycles, I didnt really use any of them, hope it helps you !

Comment

Random weather and the daytime:

The sun and the water are not ready yet.
                      It has to look much better with flora and fauna !

Comment

Loving it

Keep up teh good work.

Comment

Thanks mate

Here is the same continent (South America) filled out of low-quality water:

Comment

I've started to make the Eurasia with Africa and I decided to post some videos which will show how it was forming from nothing.
                            http://youtu.be/5JZeuLvJXYo

Comment

It id thx a lot

im wondering if you cud post a list of the tutorials you use ?

still it is awsome work you do ^^

Comment

Thanks !
                                But... Umm there is no any tutorial which would help you for reaching your own goals, as there wasn't for mine. The most difficult thing is Matinee and the materials, though its not that hard.

Happy X-mas all
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5GztnxeAnU

Comment

Working...
                                X