Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PluviA (successor of Minecraft and Tetris with PhysX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, but that gives me two questions:

1. Do they asteroids fall to the ground, or do you shoot them?

2. Weapons/Tools?

Loving the progress though.

EDIT: And will there be anything like crafting?

Comment

Asteroids fall to the ground like the ordinary blocks But to be honest I didnt make them in-game yet
      I didnt fully set up the weapons but I'm going to make tools now:
      Without any tools, players can break blocks of weak (Glass, Tissue, Wood) materials (destroying 'table' wont show up, the block will be broke to 36-sized or 18-sized cubes). And then every of 36 cubes can be used as a tool. That helps (but every of material can be destroyed by hands. The question is how long destroying will be) to destroy blocks from a bit stronger materials like Metal, Rock and even Energy (the last is the strongest).

But these arent all the tools. Player will have an ability to craft a pickaxe (to destroy the asteroids, to make shaped blocks by destroying another blocks and to destroy blocks faster), an axe (to cut out the trees, to modify wood blocks and destroy blocks faster), a something like a cutters (to cut the tissue or glass and to form shaped blocks), and a something like a hammer (to destroy iron blocks).. etc.etc.

Comment

IMHO the asteroids should fall from an angle unlike blocks. Also how are you going to make shelters? I mean how do you make it so that the blocks don't fall on your head and protect you from the blocks

Comment

month with a half ago, when that strange project was in my mind, I decided to reduce rain's density, because with unstoppable rain noone of buildings or player's craft or trees will be alive for a long time, so it will be rarely enough if your building will be attacked by a giant iron triangle etc.

The making of shelters will help people which are need to be hided from hot sun at warm places of the map (using a FastTrace will perform all the scripts), or a house to sleep, to craft, to live..
          Strange shapes of blocks will play with mind and imagination of the players so they will find how to create their houses...

Comment

What? But I thought that massive rains of creepers(and building shelters out of creepers) were the idea of the whole game I am disappoint.

Comment

Yes when I made the idea I thought "OH COOL people will make houses to survive from block rain !" then after a week I understood that people wont do anything if the rain with huge amount of lags will kill everyone and will destroy every building. If I was going through this way I would get boring gameplay:
              1.Make a house
              2.Survive
              3.Run from destroyed house
              4.Make another house
              5.Survive
              6.Run from your second destroyed house
              7.Build another one
              8.Survive
              9.You was killed. Great.
              10.D:/Games/Pluvia/Uninstall.exe
              11.The End

I'm not sure that my table with idea that I'm coming now can be performed as one that is up: Crafting different materials, vehicles and tools, Building amazing physics houses, Exploring the world without falling **** , Getting resources, Hunting and only then Survive.

Sorry that I disappointed you. You can try and turn your own idea into a real game yourself ! :P

Comment

I mean that by reducing huge amount of rainness i will exchange idea of extremely needed shelters to everything i described at this thread..
                I was planning to add a special gamemode where you can build things from the sky to survive from things fell from the sky

Comment

NO:
                  1. First time, good blocks will fall, you can easily build a nice shelter.
                  2. After few waves/rains everything goes smooth like slicing through butter.
                  3. Then suddenly f***huge rain comes, destroys everything and kills you.
                  4. Lesson learned, respawn, all resources/crafted things gone.
                  5. This time build much better structure, every level you will learn a new skill/feature.
                  6. As time passes by you get new challenges, like building a tower that doesn't get destructed w/ first rain.
                  7. If one of your buildings where you can hide and isn't just a pile of blocks with a tiny little space in it is so tough it can survive the next wave without a single block movement, "boss level" kicks in. Lava, s***storm of blocks, gravity changes, even some bots from there and there. If you survive, Highscore! You can choose to start again or continue with increasingly tough boss levels.

It's your game, but still I think you should rethink the original idea in a way that it would work.

BTW the earlier builds of minecraft were terribly slow, now keep in mind that this was java, you have much more power around in UDK, there is 1000000s of ways to optimize things, and in the end if not, blame Epic! Or alternative ending: buy license, a few alligators, a sandwich, blame epic, visit them w/ alligator, disable the enabled checkbox on rope that's keeping the alligator from ?????, ?????, eat sandwich.

ELOHEL

Comment

I just dont believe (after many of the tests and expirements with physics of my blocks) that you can make some construction that will be so strong so at least 5 blocks wont break it falling from 40m. It crashes very fast
                    Of course you can reduce the height of falling blocks etc. but I was planning to make one big Physics Survival Minecraft not just an easy highscore based physics game.
                    IDK I just thought at opposite of your idea

Comment

eargh I hate this voting poll I made because I cant change it
                      Vote there because I need to know what is the best way for a gameplay
                      Thanks

Comment

http://udk-resources.deviantart.com/...49840#/d3wmrfx
                        then blocks spawn

Comment

Did you create that ? Looks cool

Comment

well I wasnt doing this project for 3 weeks (nobody cares though), but I've started to make the map at these days and created the New World already (made the Australia landscape, NA landscape and painted the South America)

colors differ from the real space photos a bit but it would be changed
                            Landscape was made from real World Heightmap picture and space photos

Comment

yes I understood that it is quite boring. So I have added post process, the clouds and et cetera...

new top-down photo of the landscape: Click ! I didnt setup the sun so Photoshop helped me to paint some ugly circle on the last screen...

So, I proudly present the first South America continent on UE 3.5 !

Comment

any comments, buddiez ? Do I need to get the bloom down ?

Comment

Working...
                                X