B.u.r.n.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B.u.r.n.

Started this project with another artist. B.U.R.N. is a mech combat game on rails. These are shots from the training level and concept of the mechs by Yung. I do the scripting and level artwork (maybe animate here and there), Yung does characters and animation. We're keeping it simple: shoot the mech, certain parts cause more damage, ect. 7 levels total, and 7 mechs total. Textures for the levels are not heavy two textures only and one for he blue glow and the other is for the light glow. Mechs get 2040x2048. A very light game.

A screen from an earlier iteration:

Below is a screenshot from UDK. I WISH the alpha's looked this good on mobile... Other than me not getting nice alpha blends on my glares on target device, I am very happy with progress.

A link to video ::YouTube::

Yung has been kicking *** with his mech designs.

Very nice !

Comment

nice work so far

polycount dude?

Comment

Version 7301 dawg? Nice! I'm still on version 0.1 Alpha.

Comment

Looks great~
          Just keep this work!!

Comment

@DN2 - Polycount is 27,000 and about 4,600 to 5,300 in view at any moment. The mechs take up a lot more than that in view, around 6~7k.

Comment

Hey, it's Lamont! I dig what you're doing with the environments to save on textures.

Will be interesting to see how the mechs look with all the variation, even though I'm not a fan of no-feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                Hey, it's Lamont! I dig what you're doing with the environments to save on textures.
                It's a habit from my PSP days. I really like development on lower end platforms sometimes because of the constant balance to conserve and still make it look cool.
                Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                Will be interesting to see how the mechs look with all the variation, even though I'm not a fan of no-feet.
                I'll tell Yung and maybe sneak some feet on a mech in there somewhere!

Comment

ah...i knew i knew that name from somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Dn2 View Post
                    ah...i knew i knew that name from somewhere
                    AHHH!! My cover's blown!

Comment

Today I got my iTouch 32GB. Holy. ****. The texture work is really sharp and the screen is awesome, although there is a slight blue tint to everything, where on the iPad it was kinda blown out. The texture compression on the lightmaps are kinda bummer, but I am going to muck with UDK's settings to get the quality up... next week I start the abandoned subway... much larger environment... same amount of texture usage.

Speed-wise, we are just going at a slow pace. We both work (both as teachers and contracting from home), and I got the kids at home with me when I am not working, so development is in between naps, drop-offs, feedings, diapers, when the kids don't want to play, or when they are down for bed. All in all, I am happy with the progress we are making.

So I made a screenshot from the iTouch and made a second so you can see what it looks like in your hands:

iPhone/iTouch "view":

Actual pixels:

One thing that sucks is that I can't get true "performance" stats as UDK is pulling power to draw the text. At least I can get a ballpark with the timings.

Comment

i am loving the mech desighns

Comment

Nice concepts looks like it could be pretty sick, keep it up man

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                            X