This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikifenix View Post
    Well... maybe he can try sell the game (and the source) to Nintendo, but is a lot of risk and Nintendo must think that can win a lot of money selling the game.
    I doubt it. Unless you have a proven track record and approach Nintendo with an offer, I don't think they will do that with completed games. From what I have read with all their collaborations, they always made sure to have their share of control over it. Not just that, but they have shot down quite a few projects already, all projects that would have earned them a pretty penny if they simply bought and published it.

Comment

Or I could make the game because I want to play it. It's not always about the fame and fortune, its about wether you want to do something or not.

Comment

Then make it, and keep it to yourself. It seems you're not listening to anyone's advice, so just go for it, but don't expect anyone (with proper unreal experience) to help you.

I've done my fair share of ripping, etc. but you gotta know your limit, people around here, are usually connected to the video game industry in one way or another, and would be pretty appalled to see someone making a full game using rip content. Western developers are pretty lenient and but the Japanese not so.

I don't think there's much to add here, since there's no work in progress goin' on, it almost feels like you're trolling us on purpose. It's probably heading towards a lock soon.

Comment

Originally posted by illo View Post
          I suppose so. although why make a game with no intention of playing it?
          why make models without ever using them? Too practise ofcourse. And to have fun. He can still play it, and share results like videos and such, but releasing the game itself wouldn't be allowed.

Comment

And it would make a lot more sense for him to do that as a mod to a game with a good mod kit, as that would be fairly similar to working with a standalone engine, and be able to release it for critique and feedback without much of an, if at all, issue, which is ultimately what will provide him with focus points.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowBullet View Post
              Or I could make the game because I want to play it. It's not always about the fame and fortune, its about wether you want to do something or not.
              yes yes but if no one else can enjoy your creation other than yourself in games that makes no since. I do believe that you can develop this though you may receive a cease and desist notice if you do open development. But if you do closed development and try to sell it to Nintendo NA it could really work out for you.

If not it would be a great portfolio piece for jobs though. Actually thinking about this seriously.

Comment

I notice a lot of people say this project would be illegal because it is not a mod; rather, it would be a standalone title which anyone could play. This seems irrelevant, really; using a copyrighted character or piece of fiction outside the bounds of fair use is still illegal, even were it a mod or standalone.

Also, please note that you could only make a profit off such a project if you bought a license to do so. The tech is free to anyone who wants to tinker, and no one is obligated to buy a license to publish a game if they do so for free. In that respect, it really is not much different from a mod tool; in both scenarios you are creating content without intending to derive a profit, releasing it for free. Whether it is a mod or not seems a bit silly to argue. (Now I think about it, wouldn't a mod built on UT3 be even more unethical? After all, to play the game, you would have to purchase the game; thereby Epic would profit on someone else's misappropriation of copyrighted material and intellectual property.)

In any case, this game will probably never see the light of day, so there really isn't much point in arguing about it.

Relax, people.

Comment

I would never make a game to profit from it. I find that just stupid. I'm a gamer and If i'm going to make a game I'm going to make it for the gamers. it will be free.

My team and I have already begun so if you don;t agree don;t troll this forum by trying to tell me to stop. because we have already begun and will not be stopped like last time due to the trolls in the other communities. So if you actually want to help than tell me if you don't than why even post? this thread was about people wanting to help, not about people trying to stop me. so lets try this again...

Does anyone want to help with this project?

Comment

no one was trolling you. we're just making sure that you understand what you are getting into.

'tis all...

Comment

Hehe I am hoping he gets the issues with the company, maybe it will teach him something.

Sounds like a kid anyway doesnt really comprehend our comments anyways.

Comment

Why does this have 6 pages may I ask?

It's simple that you cannot make this project work.
                        If you were to make anything to close to a pokemon game you would need concent from the company of which owns the IP and I definitely doubt a big company like that will accept your concept.
                        But if you want to get yourself into some serious legal problems go ahead,
                        I'm sure the project will find itself on the web sometime or another if you do go ahead with it.

The end; xx <3

Comment

Isn't it against UDK's EULA to even do this without permission from the copyright owner?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowBullet View Post
                            I would never make a game to profit from it. I find that just stupid. I'm a gamer and If i'm going to make a game I'm going to make it for the gamers. it will be free.

My team and I have already begun so if you don;t agree don;t troll this forum by trying to tell me to stop. because we have already begun and will not be stopped like last time due to the trolls in the other communities. So if you actually want to help than tell me if you don't than why even post? this thread was about people wanting to help, not about people trying to stop me. so lets try this again...

Does anyone want to help with this project?
                            um I dont think you understand what you are doing here. the admin has already said you cant. either stop or get sued or shut down. we are trying to get you to think before you end up in legal trouble and court. this thread needs to be closed.

Comment

IP/copyright infringement is illegal and strictly prohibited.

Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X