This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokémon Apokélypse

Ok after the latest fan made Trailer Pokémon Apokélypse came out on to youtube, a Few of my die hard poemon friends from the old kanto region and jhoto region came out. We were planing on making a game but werent quite sure what game to make. So than after watching that video we decided what the heck let's go for it.

The Plot:
    its 12 years later and Pokemon fighting is now illegal and people now do it just to make money or just for the entertainment. It's gotten more voilent. Team Rocket is making more and more money from bets. and than they notice Ash has returend to Kanto and they decide to push him.

You play as Ash suffering through the decisions to choose fame and money or for the love of his pokemon and friends. The game will play as a decision maker, go bad you become the new rookie as Team rocket. Decide to say screw you have to fight team rocket to claim your prize and make sure youre friends and family are safe. This is more of a Dark Adult game for pokemon. it will be Rated M for Violence, Language, Drugs, and sexual themes.

Now now, I know what your thinking. Are you crazy a pokemon game rated M?!
    Yea thats what we all thought to. but we decided come one ash is like 21 now and alot can change over the years. if you haven't seen the youtube video i suggest you see it so you know what were working with.

We were just gonna rip the pokemon models from the wii game or Game cube game, but if you can model extremley well and recreate a pokemon we could use it to.

We need about everything. we have a guy who can bsp model, But we need anything you know how to do.

So what do you say want to help make the next pokemon game with us?

Sounds like a lovely lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
      Sounds like a lovely lawsuit.
      Meh, Not really You would be amazed what you can do with a free game engine as long as you don't make profit off of it.

Comment

Doesn't really matter if you plan on making money or not. Always best to seek permission form the owners of the IP first.

altho you may not be making money or a profit, your idea may go against the image that they(nintendo or any company for that matter) try to portray. or in other cases, a free game (yours) that would compete with their game which they need to make money off of.

Think of it like this. they don't sell games. they sell the IP.
        A different named game with a similar concept and mechanics you may get away with.
        your idea messes with one of nintendo's cash cows and its cash cow's image.

anyhoo, pokemon bue > all

Comment

So wait wouldn't the people who made the fan made trailer get sued than?

Comment

The EULA for UDK specifically prohibits using UDK to infringe on any intellectual property rights.

From the EULA:
            3. License Restrictions. Epic and its suppliers reserve all rights not expressly granted to You in this Agreement. Unless applicable law gives You more rights despite this limitation, You may use the UDK only as expressly permitted in this Agreement. Thus, You may use the UDK as set forth in Section 2, but You may not:

infringe or violate any intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights or privacy or publicity, of Epic or any third party;

Comment

Originally posted by SlowBullet View Post
              So wait wouldn't the people who made the fan made trailer get sued than?
              Not really. If someone took anything under my domain (i.e., rip models from my game WTF dude really?), that would be an issue. I have far less of an issue with a fan made trailer, that will if anything just bring more people towards my stuff, than I would with a game, using my assets and infringing on my domain, without having asked me. In which case I would run up that ladder in no time because primarily I am a greedy *** and need money and if I need to sue you I will. The liklihood of getting much money out of something like this is minimal I think, unless you're profiting on it in some way or another, but it would be taken down shortly after having found it.

You never know dawg, they might be like Apple and shove their giant legal shotgun down your throat the second the C&D is sent.

Comment

just noticed the "rip models" part o_O

Comment

Ok I really havent seen the Rules of the UDK i knew in Halo it was alright really they just frowned upon it.

So instead of Ash or something like that. We model our own pokemon instead of rip it but keep the same story line. just change the nintendo chacter names around and we make our own stuff from scratch

Comment

Go read a book on copyright law... or at least wikipedia it dude because you look like you're headed for a huge legal cluster**** that will result in an assassination.

Comment

Apparntly you guys have never been to Halo cE cause we do this all the time and we never get in trouble.

We've ripped from halo2 3 odst Reach Crysis, Gears of War pokemon. Everything...

Comment

What prerequisite do you have for a 3D engine for this project?

Can I suggest using RPG Maker instead, since it would be much easier and quicker for you to recreate Pokémon in?

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/

Comment

Yes. Japanese companies tend to operate... differently, than some American ones do.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowBullet View Post
                            Apparntly you guys have never been to Halo cE cause we do this all the time and we never get in trouble.

We've ripped from halo2 3 odst Reach Crysis, Gears of War pokemon. Everything...
                            Nintendo does not like anyone messing with there IPs. They just recently lawyered up on the Pokemon MMO, a team was developing.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/02/ni...e-pokemon-mmo/

Comment

Actually I believe ripping anything from consoles is a violation of EULA and copyright infringement. They don't have mod dev kits; there isn't really a viable reason someone would rip from those. Just because no one has taken action yet, doesn't mean they won't. I'd imagine everything you've done thus far is fairly small, if any real projects at all. Bungie, Epic, Ninetendo, etc, are giant companies. You have likely slid under their radar for the most part but you may have just ruined that for yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X