• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey Snake, how is this project going? : ]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    May be somebody already asked you, but since i dont see it after reading again and again.... will you show the sources codes ?

i mean open source, GPL license something like that so that project will never die because community will be upgrading the software ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wish I knew myself too. Usually only have spare moments to work on it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Release date ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fantastic! Anyone that makes uscripting less of a pain deserves a medal!

You know what's the worst part of dealing with uscript? it's not the actual script language, or having to alter the config files all the time, but the complexity of the classes. If you want to make something similar to an fps but not exactly equal you need to devour thousands of lines of code to know exactly what does what.

My point: making this navigation within classes easier and facilitating its comprehension would be priceless. Some editors allows you to visualize the hierarchy and open the classes. Not much but it's something..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    He'll serve it with an extra helping of AdWare.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
    no spyware, no malware
    LAME! I don't want it now...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Congrats!!! great initiative!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DO you have an ETA?
    It would probably be a bad idea for me to make an ETA on this. I'll keep up the progress reports when I can though.

I would surely pay quite abit for something like that
    It will be 100% free, no ads, no spyware, no malware. Donations are gratefully accepted.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DO you have an ETA? This sounds very interesting and I would surely pay quite abit for something like that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's awesome stuff. I jumping up and down like a little girl for this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [shot]http://www.digitalconfectioners.com/images/UCStudio/UnrealscriptEditor-09-05-2011.png[/shot]

Added enum parsing. You no longer need to look up enums while writing script or altering the default properties. Yay! This will also extend to classes, so you can just look up a class using a handy drop down box when you need to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow James that looks absolutely amazing
    Thank you!

I suppose there is no link to download a released version or beta version ???
    It's really not usable yet and it won't make you any more productive than something like Notepad. With a lot of missing features and some parsing bugs, I'm likely to get inundated with feature requests and bug reports when I haven't done everything I wanted yet. There will be a release at some stage; but when only when it's really worth while to release something.

Thnx for all the hard work.
    No problems. This is really a good project for working on things such as parsing script files. It helps me to learn about how to write my own scripting language. If anything else, it's great practice with C++, which I don't really do enough of.

Any alpha version to test out?
    Not yet for the reasons above. The last time I released a project was UWindows2. I wound spending a lot of time debugging and fixing people's problems than I did with development.

Do you plan to make this Open Source?
    I don't know yet, I imagine so at some stage; but perhaps with tightly regulated code drops so that all code written by third parties will have their code examined before it gets plugged in. I'll make that decision as the project matures.

Will this be compatible with Unreal Engine 2 games or even 1? If not I hope it'll be Open Source as I would try implement it myself if I still got interest by then.
    I suppose some of the features would be compatible with UE2. But I'm not sure. Certainly if it goes open source, it will be much easier for other people to actively support this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got two questions for you SolidSnake:

1) Do you plan to make this Open Source?

2) Will this be compatible with Unreal Engine 2 games or even 1? If not I hope it'll be Open Source as I would try implement it myself if I still got interest by then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any alpha version to test out ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X