Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf War - Wartime Middle Eastern Speed Golf (Now with download link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf War - Wartime Middle Eastern Speed Golf (Now with download link)

Hey Everyone,

Been working with the UDK for a while now and the community has been awesome.

My team and I have been working on a student project for most of this year and we thought it was high time that we show the world a little of what we've been doing.

Jump over to YouTube and have a look at the Golf War and let us know what you think!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_BhT8VH6A

A playable beta will be available in the next week or so! We'll keep you posted.

UPDATE:

We now have an official trailer for you to watch!

Here it is!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsWr0rsgHSA

Also, because of the great feedback we've gotten from you all at this forum. We'd like share a download link with you guys first! Get the six level demo of the golf war right now!

www.screwtapestudios.com/golfwar

If you notice any problems, just let us know!

Thanks every for your support this far.

lol, have you heard of Ghetto Golf? Might have some ideas you like.

Comment

haah thats cool.

maybe add some animations to your civilians? I am assuming that will come later?

Comment

So bizarre

Originally posted by IllpIll View Post
        maybe add some animations to your civilians? I am assuming that will come later?
        I actually liked them without animation, since they're not objects of interest and shouldn't get attention drawn to them ^^

Comment

Great concept, however, I think the game will get pretty boring without the implementation of some more fun mechanics in there. It's funny at first but after the first level I can see it getting annoying/irritating being knocked around when you're trying to play golf. If you can use the golf ball in a more practical and dynamic way throughout the game then I think you'll have a much more fun game.

Keep it up.

Comment

that is wired really , but great work on it really nice work why people don't walk around
            and i don't know what is this Arabic city because it looks like -1950 now they have towers mile up in the air

sorry for my bad English :P

Comment

@Max, I haven't heard of ghetto golf, will check it out. The genre action golf genre is surprisingly lacking.

The civilians will be animated eventually, thought it's surprising that you like them unanimated Dopefish, it's not the first time someone has liked the idea of keeping them static.

@SaMeH, It's not meant to be any town in particular. The idea was just to make it a small Arabic village. We did have some bigger buildings, but found it got in the way of the golf.

Thanks everyone for your comments so far. The concept is a little different, so it's nice to know that it being received fairly well.

Comment

Screenshots

Here's some fresh screenshots of Golf War!

Comment

wow this game was very insensitive idea and almost seems like propaganda-ish

Comment

@Hboybowen

You really think the idea is insensitive? If you take a look at the video you'll notice that there is no combat at all. That was a deliberate choice. Also, the origins of the explosions are not identified so as the maintain a sense of anonymity from any aggressors.

The player, and the NPC's cannot be harmed in any way at any point.

I really value your feedback, but could you please expand on it for me? During the design process this is something that we thought may be an issue for a small group. If we are aware of exactly how you find this offensive, we may be able to rethink certain design decisions to make the game more palatable.

Comment

The lighting looks really, really bland. Maybe you should work on it. Otherwise, I really like the idea.

Comment

We now have an official trailer for you to watch!

Here it is!!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsWr0rsgHSA

Also, because of the great feedback we've gotten from you all at this forum. We'd like share a download link with you guys first! Get the six level demo of the golf war right now!

www.screwtapestudios.com/golfwar

If you notice any problems, just let us know!

Comment

Gameplay looks really interesting. Simple idea but seems like it would be really fun

Comment

Downloaded and played. It's silly. lol. Real easy to beat most of the holes which is nice.

The ball gets stuck in buildings a lot, and the player model disappears plenty. Also, why no lighting?

Comment

Hey Max, thanks for the download!

We're aware of a few of the issues, but as it's a university project we were under a really strict deadline to release. Some issues just couldn't get solved in time.

Lighting is something that we were aware of as well, once again, it came down to time constraints. This was our first game with the UDK and none of us had ever seen the tech before, so ew had to decide the prioity of things to learn. We focused on nailing some of the mechanics, as we thought that was more important that the final look of the game.

Thanks again for the play, it's great to see people giving it a go!

Comment

Working...
                              X