Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol - wow. just give it up...

Comment

Anyway...i like your model Keltar,everyone has their own style,so ur telling me toon games and cartoons have to have porportion? No,the eagle can have a short arm and a long arm why? its part of the work,and you have no right to say this looks terrible,becuase what if the artist intended for the chracter to have no porportions and be low poly? Im acutlly working on a toony game and we have skewed meshes and over porportioned meshes why? becuase thats the style.
      Originally Posted by Dreadstunlock
      The falcon? Is terrible, an ogre skinned humanoid with a vulture head and a mohawk in gears of war silhouette armor with a childish looking logo of a high-five?
      That wasn't constructive criticize. Your besacilly telling him "I DONT LIKE IT GO CHANGE THOSE STUFF CUZ IT DONT FIT,well you know what in the eyes of the creator it does look good. Now dont get me wrong the model can be polished,but its great. Not many people can model organic stuff,im still learning how to. Anyway i hope this post is the last post talking about fights,because these forums aren't made for people to fight,but to help eachother. Keep on going keltar,haters are going to hate all you gotta do is prove them wrong and keep on going.

Comment

OK so i just bumped in to this thread. god what a bunch of mean comments. look dude dont listen to these guys you keep it up the more you work on it the better. if your having problems with perportions and what not download make human and model around the mesh it will help you learn the human perportons better. the models look excellent for a noobie modeler. though your colors need some work :P just keep working on it you'll get there.

art is only part innate ability but mostly its lots of work an practice, and you have a great start so keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by xxfatmikexx13 View Post
          Anyway...i like your model Keltar,everyone has their own style,so ur telling me toon games and cartoons have to have porportion? No,the eagle can have a short arm and a long arm why? its part of the work,and you have no right to say this looks terrible,becuase what if the artist intended for the chracter to have no porportions and be low poly? Im acutlly working on a toony game and we have skewed meshes and over porportioned meshes why? becuase thats the style. That wasn't constructive criticize. Your besacilly telling him "I DONT LIKE IT GO CHANGE THOSE STUFF CUZ IT DONT FIT,well you know what in the eyes of the creator it does look good. Now dont get me wrong the model can be polished,but its great. Not many people can model organic stuff,im still learning how to. Anyway i hope this post is the last post talking about fights,because these forums aren't made for people to fight,but to help eachother. Keep on going keltar,haters are going to hate all you gotta do is prove them wrong and keep on going.
          I so wish I could show this to EA or Activision, or any other top company.

He would be a laughing stock if he showed his portfolio, not the quality, but the idea. I can see his idea, it's a mutated dude, in a humanoid form, with vulture like features and a mohawk for the "cool" effect. Is it original? Nope, he took most of it out of the Gears of War, why is his thing going to go down the drain? Because people would play Gears of War and shoot things in much better view, than this. This isn't mean, this is life.

Comment

Dude,stop instigating this.

Comment

Ok... I'm officially revamping the entire thing including the name. As you can see from the thread title, Its now called : "Sanctity lost". I took a lot of you advice and worked on my modelling and texturing. hoping to have some pics soom. Cheers.

Comment

I can't wait to see your new work Kelt'ar. I'm sending you a private msg right now, so please check that out when you have a moment!

Comment

This is concept art for Kamira, An Enturi Scientist (See page one for explanation):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Will come up with her background later

Comment

Very, very nice!

Comment

THanks!!! Working on the main character right now

Comment

Kelt’ar – just some response below to some of the more negatively slanted below. You can skip it and head down to my comments to you ;-)

Dreadstunlock - Your points are valid but your delivery of how you communicate is rather harsh and childish “…Is it original? Nope” is that how you would talk to your staff or criticise your colleagues. It’s a very cynical and derisory way of talking and communicating. If the whole point of this forum is to help others either learn or do better then why are you shutting ‘Kelt’ar’ down before he has even gotten off the ground? I agree with a lot of what you say but no how you say it. You wouldn’t last long in a professional environment with interpersonal skills like that. You mention being childish and EA and all of the rest of it but I am very sure that they’d have something to say about how you deliver you criticisms and your turn of phrase.

From what I can see of the work done so far and as Kelt’ar states he is a hobbyist and is learning the ropes. So your arguments of about being in the industry are invalid he is clearly not in a company is doing all the work himself and most importantly sticking with it. I’ve yet to see anything positive coming from your posts on this front (since so many people start and finish) Also Im pretty sure that any artists / designer doesn’t go from amateur to professional in such a short space of time. It takes time (years), effort and hard graft / encouragement and support to develop the kind of skill we see in professional games. I guarantee that if Kelt’ar has a thick enough skin this time next year there will be an improvement in his skills, Maybe on this project but on others.

Also has anybody asked Kelt’ar’s age or his background in how he started etc. The good crits on this thread has suggested some good learning resources. The best way to learn is to do, and do some more.

JonTerp - Personally I don’t see (having read the thread) how his manners were in any way in-polite. So I completely disagree with that. Also your reference to Epilepsy which affects people’s lives in such a destructive way, I find very unprofessional and insulting on a fundamental level. What a disgusting way to describe anything you should be ashamed of yourself. To preach manners on one hand and say something like that, perhaps you could take a leaf out of your own book with regards to manners and professionalism when it comes to matters of communication to others.

Again I see cynicism with a slightly Didactic leaning on sermonizing on who should do what on this forum. This is forum of like-minded thinkers and doers who don’t all talk or type like you, where is your acceptance of your fellow developer? Where is the open, constantly learning mind. Or are you so arrogant as to think you know it all and as you pompous opening statement would lead others to think you know more than you do?

Kelt’ar – Good work mate, there is nothing I would say that hasn’t already been said. I think the most important thing is to keep at it and most importantly finish it. Get a level of quality control you are happy with and finish the game. I am looking forward to seeing how all this comes together. Well done and remember through all the tough times (which Im sure you’ll just blaze through) this poem has helped me a lot in my life up till now. (especially the last paragraph)

INVICTUS - by an English poet William Ernest Henley
                        Out of the night that covers me,
                        Black as the pit from pole to pole,
                        I thank whatever gods may be
                        For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
                        I have not winced nor cried aloud.
                        Under the bludgeonings of chance
                        My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                        Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                        And yet the menace of the years
                        Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
                        How charged with punishments the scroll,
                        I am the master of my fate:
                        I am the captain of my soul.

If all doubt you keep smiling and press on ;-)

Good luck my friend.

Comment

Kelta'r I like how you keep working on this game despite the negative comments. I enjoy the fact that you have continued a project for so long. Keep it up, I want to see this finished!

ChooBoo + 1

Comment

Hey Kelt'ar, I just tried to respond to your latest PM, but it says your inbox is full, so you might want to clear out some of your old messages.

Comment

@ cHOObOO - Thanks. Lovely and inspiring poem.
                              @ @ The agent. Thanks. I'll keep it up.
                              @Birthnight...sorry about that. I will delete some old messages

Comment

Not seeing this project earlier...

...but very interesting and (just what TheAgent said above); and love the inspiring comments from ChooBoo (he has welcome to the forums yet). Have fun finishing!

Comment

Working...
                                X