• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    THanks alot, Gaz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    certain people might not see what you get out of all the time you have spent on your game,but there are definite improvements with every vid and its not just the characters.all the little things you have added take time to learn and get right.and I say if you achieve something that you want to achieve,no matter whether someone else thinks its time well spent or not,then it IS time well spent.

keep at it,i look forward to the next update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I made a new body for the sally black character:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx, Fraktal. Btw what happened to zBioBlow?

HEre he is, done:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your character proportions seem much better. Maybe the hands just a little bit too big, but in overall a really good progress. Glad to see you keep working hard and learning.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maya. Thx. Still got a lot to learn.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What 3d modelling app do you use, 3DS Max?

Thats's looking pretty good mate, you've definately been practicing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OLd VIper:
    http://www.moddb.com/games/sanctity-...model#imagebox

NEw VIper Body WIp

I'm going to start texturing soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK GUYs, I'm going to remake the main character...at leat maybe he could have a decent looking character model...
    HERE is a WIP

and I Took out that ridicoulous DORag and gave him goggles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @theAgent thx a lot!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx dovonob.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can definately see an improvement in the art. I'm not sure why all these people are bashing your art anyway, its not like you're proclaiming to be the reincarnation of Da Vinci, who cares how good/bad it is or telling you that your character with a birds head can't have a mohawk.......its' a friggin humanoid with a birds head and he's saying its not realistic to have a mohawk???? Its not like you don't know they're not perfect, do these people not read your signature, least you've got a sense of humour mate

Can't believe people have given you this much zhit when I'd say it was more impressive to get through the process of importing a custom character and all the other elements you've got working, it's complicated and hard work, with art you can do what you want to a degree, you can make one arm longer than the other or stick a massive ***** flapping about on someones head, its not anatomically correct but you do what you want. Yes I can see what people mean when they say things like the topology or anatomy but I get what you're doing, the art is being focussed on too much by these posters. No one ever says anything to other video's I see on here where the custom character is basically a load of blocks, because its a test character, these people seem to think you're off to show your porfolio of 3D models to EA. Why that guy mentioned EA anyway makes no sense, no one wants to work for EA, I used to work for Eidos which in all honestly was pretty **** but I knew people at EA and they hated it. Worked to the bone for the worst pay in the industry and lets be honest EA are like one of the worlds most hated companies, definately the most hated games company.

In regards to implementing systems and gameplay its usually very specific in how you have to do it, you can't make up how to import a custom character/weapon and get it working in the UDK you have to learn and follow a usually complicated process, especially if you've never done any of these things previously its mind blowing, god knows how many times I've gone through some tutorial, tried something, got p!ssed off and had to go sit in the garden with a reefio to chill out. It can get depressing learning all these different elements. Its ok focussing on one area like 3D art but I can see like me you're trying to be an actual designer so you need to know a bit about everything, so obviously you're never going to be the best 3D modeller, never going to be the best programmer, a jack of all trades but master of none but you've got stuff working and you understand how to do these things which is ultimately the goal surely.

If you worked as a games designer you wouldn't be doing the art yourself but you understand how the art process is done so you can communicate with the artists better I'd say that was invaluable.

You're an inspiration mate in all honesty, not many people get as far as you have, I don't know your previous experience or knowledge but I'm gonna guess you've gone from not a great deal at the start so to get where you are now is actually fooking well impressive, gives hope to others.

Obviously I'm just massively kissing your **** so you can help me when I finally accept that I'm going to have to import a custom character model in the near future and need advice when I get stuck, I'll ask elsewhere regarding anatomy though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Been following this thread for awhile. Keep doing what you are doing. You can only get better. The blast cannon looks really neat keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No worries mate you keep going with it ignore the keyboard warriors

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx, Dovonob! That gave me the boost I needed to day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X